“Cool beach, sadly neglected. Wedco needs to clean up trash and spruce it up.”
Review of Sea Glass Beach

Sea Glass Beach
Ranked #12 of 44 things to do in Hamilton
Reviewed August 13, 2018

Walking down to the sea glass beach, you can tell at one time people took pride in it. They decorated and made usable pieces of art with the sea glass and loved the place. Now, while it is still strewn with tinkling sea glass, it is interspersed with trash. The art pieces are neglected and broken, the grill area is a mess. The pathway down is overgrown. Did it become this way when the housing in front was vacated? I don't know. What I do know is that this little beach could become quite the attraction again if someone took the time and cared for it. We are just travellers here and were curious enough to want to look for it. For reference, it is across the road from the entrance to the military cemetary, not a convict cemetary. The location is not in Hamilton, nor Hamilton Parish. The beach is located near the Royal Naval Dockyard, Sandys Parish, Ireland Island.

5  Thank bluize36
"cemetery"
in 16 reviews
"tinkling"

Reviewed August 6, 2018

It's a very nice place but it clearly shows that it has seen better days - I wish I had seen it when all of these beautiful walls and floors were still intact. It appeared like no one really stops by any more - we were there on our way back from Royal Naval Dockyard on Sunday and the only people we really bumped into were the locals coming home on the parking level (upstairs from the beach) with some groceries

It's a pretty unusual location/place with all the glass definitely worth a short visit - not sure about staying here longer as there appeared to be a lot of garbage all over the place.

TIP: I would recommend at the very least wearing flip flops/sandals as there appear to a be a lot of sharp glass/objects that I would not want to take my chances stepping on

TIP: no food really walking distance so plan accordingly

1  Thank Greg R
Reviewed August 6, 2018

My husband and I heard that this beach is covered with sea glass, so decided to stop by and see it. I collect sea glass in locations where that is allowed so knew i would find it interesting. There was indeed a large amount of glass on the beach. It sounded like windchimes when the waves washed up.

The quality of glass varies from well worn and smooth to fresh and sharp. Most glass is worn. We found many pieces that had been melted in a fire. We were interested to note that despite the large quantity of glass, there was no blue glass. Perhaps the blues are collected by the local artists. We saw a lot of sea glass jewelry for sale in the local shops.

Note that it is forbidden to collect the sea glass at this location.

1  Thank liamsaunt
Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

On NCL Dawn - a walk to sea glass beach was the perfect break from the noise and tour groups- grab your towel water and favorite book- a short walk first to sea glass beach then continue with the water on your right to a public beach to sit and relax— Bermuda perfect-

Walk is off the beat and path- sneakers a must- but really quaint, quiet a must do-
Love the fish around my toes❤️

Simple life