“I can't imagine a better place to find sea glass”
Review of Sea Glass Beach

Sea Glass Beach
Ranked #16 of 63 things to do in Hamilton
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Based on others reviews we stopped hear while visiting the dockyard area. I have never seen anything like it. You can find a couple pieces on the beaches is st George, but here iris by bucket loads.

5  Thank AndyR2

Reviewed July 10, 2012

After watching sunset just 1/8 mi. south of the Royal Naval Dockyard, we asked locals for directions to the sea glass beach. They were happy to help and knew just where we meant to go. Literally: walk south from the dockyard down the main road about 1/4 mi (over the bridge, to the Y in the road) take the Y right and walk down through the graveyard. You can walk a tiny bit farther and use the stairs, but I thought the graveyard added a bit of intrigue. There is also a bus stop on the main road if you are taking public transport back to town. Even my boyfriend loved picking up glass! It was a beautiful place just after sunset; a great, quiet, private moment.

8  Thank Lemmie19
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Thank you to all the people who threw bottles in the ocean. Thank you to the incinerator! Thank you to the salt and the waves! And thank you to the bus driver who dropped us off at the right spot! We actually snorkeled out over the sea glass (huge pieces off the beach) and were out over old carburators, sinks, pipes... all sorts of fun stuff. Great little fish and lots to see.

3  Thank AnitaPeron
Reviewed June 28, 2012

This was worth the ferry ride to Dockyards, then bus to beach. We brought back gallon bags filled with lovely glass. A hidden treasure.
I asked many locals about it and only the workers in the dockyards general store had heard of it. Easy trip on the 7/8 bus - get off past cemetery. There is a turquoise church directly across from beach access and return bus stop (blue pole in a driveway).

12  Thank elvisatc
Reviewed June 22, 2012

This was a fantastic find! Walking distance from the dockyard & secluded. I brought back so much sea glass & I have it in a big vase. I enjoyed the privacy & clean water at this spot. There are no bathrooms or food etc it is located in a residential area so bring what you need for the day. And of course it's FREE

6  Thank lbourinaris