“Delicious meal at a great price!”
Review of Bouchee

Bouchee
Ranked #20 of 107 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 6, 2012

What a fantastic find. Our taxi driver from the airport told us about it and we were so glad he did. It's a small restaurant/cafe almost kiddie corner from the Hamilton Princess. The prices were fantastic and portion sizes were great. We only had a chance to have dinner here, but my mom had the NY Striploin and I had the mussels and both were absolutely delicious! If you're looking for an excellent meal in a low key atmosphere at a budget conscious price, Bouchee is your place!

2  Thank banker_barbie
There are newer reviews for Bouchee

Reviewed August 27, 2012

A wonderful cozy restaurant and favorite of many locals. Great ambience and service. Best breakfast we had in Bermuda. The big English was fantastic, the pancakes, and French toast were succulent, and the eggs Benedict were very good. I would not order a mimosa, as the staff did not seem to understand the difference between champagne and sparkling wine, but their bloody mary's are vera good. A bit pricey, but not for Bermuda.

2  Thank Eduardo G
Reviewed July 15, 2012

My wife wanted to try this little french cafe located in Hamilton. It is a clean charming place with great potential. We were seated promptly and given menu and wine list. Our waitress was friendly and attentive. I ordered the Croque Monsieur and wife ordered the chicken and broccoli crepes. For an appetizer we shared a spinach salad with fried goat cheese. The salad was very good and when we finished we wanted more. The goat cheese was fresh and crisp fried; the salad dressing flavorful and light. My Croque Monsieur arrived and it didn't look like the one I had in Paris. It was open face on a sandwich roll. Although it tasted okay, I wasn't expecting a hoagie roll. My wife's crepes could have been more flavorful; they were bland although the crepe was a good texture. Recommend adding some herbs for flavor. The wine list was very good and the prices way more reasonable then any other place we had been on that island during our stay. Dessert could have been a winner and would have garnered a very good rating but sadly didn't deliver. Wife ordered raspberry sorbet that was supposed to come in a meringue shell with fresh fruit. When it arrived, she wasn't expecting 3 Costco meringue cookies bought who knows when; that we couldn't cut and literally had to smash to get a taste; however, the sorbet was delicious and the fresh strawberries and blueberries were good. Chef, you would have a killer dessert if you made your own meringue shells. They are easy to do and very inexpensive. i ordered the profiteroles which tasted a little frozen but the hazelnut filling was good. Again, Chef you could have a fantastic dessert if things were fresh. We will go back because the menu was interesting and I would like to give a place like this another chance to improve.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

We stayed right next to Bouchee and kicked ourselves for not eating there sooner in our trip. We definitely would have returned. Smaller menu but with a nice variety. Our waiter was knowledgeable and helpful, offering suggestions from the menu. The decor won't blow you away, but neither will its prices.

2  Thank cbr79
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We are French living in the US and visiting Bermuda. So we were very excited to try this restaurant for dinner on July 2, 2012 given the name and the menu. Regretfully our experience did not match the menu. The general atmosphere was dull and the waitress, while efficent, did not smile once. I ordered the Bermudian fish soup (average), the foie gras (tasteless) and the mussles (had to return them because the musseld were not fresh ... really not fresh; howver they did not charge me for it). My wife ordered the asparagus saald (very few asparagus and a lot of lettuce), the escargots (tons of cheese and butter) and the steak-frites (just OK).
We triedthe restaurant again today July 4, 2012 for breakfast enticed by the French breakfast: the cafe au lait was a mediocre latte, the French omelet was just OK and there was no baguette eventhough it was mentioned on the menu
We had the same waitress who was still overworked and still did not smile once and the atmosphere was still as dull.
The owners did a great job with the name of the restaurant and the menu, but fell short in the quality and taste of the food, the atmosphere and the service: too bad because they could have a great recipe for success (no pun intended)