“Awesome Captain & Crew- Made my Trip Extremely Memorable”

Bermuda Reef Explorer
Ranked #4 of 16 Tours in Hamilton
More attraction details
Owner description: Bermuda's largest and most spacious custom built glass bottom boat offering 2 hour Glass Bottom and 3 hour Glass Bottom and Snorkel trips. Morning and Afternoon trips depart Hamilton Monday through Saturday.
New York City, New York
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Awesome Captain & Crew- Made my Trip Extremely Memorable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

The weather was very uncooperative during my visit last week. Our tour was actually canceled on the day that I originally booked it because of high winds & rough waters. Captain Michael was optimistic that the following day would be less windy. He was very apologetic about canceling the first day; but explained it was for safety reasons. He also graciously provided me with other tour options that I could still enjoy in light of the weather. He also recommended some great local restaurants.

It was still pretty windy the following day when we ventured out. Captain Michael forewarned us that we would not be able to visit the reef sites that he normally tours; but stated he would take us to an area where at least the waters were calm and we could still see some fish and reef, although they might not be as colorful and vast as the areas he normally visits. He was extremely conscientious about the safety of everyone, especially the children traveling aboard. I was deeply impressed by this, because I had a very bad experience on a snorkel outing in Curacao where the Captain placed everyone at risk on rough waters simply to make a profit; but this was totally not the case here on the Reef Explorer.

Captain Michael and Crew are very warm, hospitable and knowledgeable about the island, the waters and sea life in Bermuda. The boat was clean and very well maintained. The boat also has a full bar and snack. All of staff are all trained in CPR and very keen in observing you in the water and they are eager to assist you in any way that they can.

Our trip was very good even on a rough sea day like 7/16. We managed to see quite a few turtles, plenty of fish and were able to have a safe and enjoyable snorkel experience in an area where the water was not choppy and rough. We also saw fish through the glass bottom and Crew members were able to explain what types of fish we were seeing.

Many of my Bermuda tours wound up being canceled during my trip last week because of the weather; but thank goodness for Captain Michael's years of experience and knowledge of the waters that we were still able to venture out that day. If it had not been for him, I would have only been able to shop and see museums during my entire vacation. I would definitely tour with him again and highly recommend his tours to everyone considering going. He truly provides an excellent value and service for the money.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank divawidfevah

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Brilliant boat trip - don't miss it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

This two hour trip on the glass bottomed boat was brilliant! Not just for the leisurely pace but for the amazing knowledge of the Captain and crew. I am a senior, lone-traveller and was made to feel welcome and safe on board and thoroughly enjoyed the commentary and information given during my 'voyage,' and at $35, it was excellent value for money.

Visited June 2014
“Wonderful experience with a professional, plesant & polite crew.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

Myself & my camp girls really enjoyed our tour today it was very beautiful, educational & amazing experience for them aa children & myself as an adult.

Visited July 2014
Dayton, Ohio
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wonderful trip with captain Mike”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Fun filled trip with Captain Mike who was a great tour guide of Bermuda to include history, famous people and even some biology. Well worth taking this snorkeling adventure.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Bob S
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Beautiful Water Excursion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

This was a delightful two hour trip. Captain Mike was friendly and made this a most exciting tour. I would recommend this to families of all ages. Young children would truly enjoy this. If you do anything is must be this.

Visited May 2014