“Bad crowd”

Good for: Bar scene
Hamilton, Bermuda
“Bad crowd”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Disgusting clientele. Creepy guys watching from the sidelines while girls dance in the middle. People on the dance floor are always pushing and elbowing.

Visited August 2012

Hamilton, Bermuda
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overpriced and dishonest”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

I have visited Cafe Cairo on numerous occasions and have always been quite taken aback with the price of their alcohol. They are easily 30% more expensive that surrounding bars and restaurants. Also I have noticed that I have been double charged for rounds of drinks there which is terrible and unacceptable. Based on discussions with other patrons this is not at all uncommon and is always a massive effort to get the money refunded. Thus if you go there watch your bank statement but rather give it a miss.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank HenryJ879
Barbados
“Good food!!! Fun experience!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

My friend and I went there after work for dinner on a Friday. We were the first one there for dinner so we were able to choose our table. The tables were very low in true middle eastern style so were the chairs so if you have back problems this might be an issue. The dinning area is small and nicely decorated which makes it more authentic. We ordered our meal. We were both pleased. My friend had skewered shrimps, steak fries and ceasar salad for $26 which is good price for an entrée in Bda. I had grilled lamb, beef, chicken and fish skewers with sautéed spinach and seasonal veggies $26 as well. The food was good and portions were large for Bermuda. There was only one waiter for the entire dinning area so it was slow in terms of wait staff however this wasn't an issue for us. We were not in a hurry. The restaurant is open late. It was a fun night out. In the end we got our bill with a 20% discount for happy hour which we didn't even know about an extra bonus. My friend also told me that they serve food until 1am in the morning. I guess because it is club as well.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Leticia A
Orlando, Florida
“Unexpectedly good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

Cafe Cairo is more locally known as a late-night hang out place for drinks and dancing. Some people would actually be surprised to know that they actually serve food. I have eaten there a number of times and have liked their menu and the quality of their food. Service is a bit slow considering the number of people dining. I have ordered the rib eye and the lamb tajine and they were very good. They have outdoor seating which looks out to Front St or you can choose to have dinner inside with a very nice middle eastern ambiance.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank J T
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Dinner at Cairo restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

It was my last night in Bermuda and I was looking for a nice dinner around 11 pm on a Saturday night. Cafe Cairo was the only place that offered a sit down meal at that time. I wasn't sure what to expect as far as the dinner was concerned but everything turned out better than I thought. Our waitress was very nice and friendly and attentive. Our order was taken promptly and food was on the table within 20 minutes, considering it was a busy night. The food tasted much better than I ever expected and the portions were pretty big. The room where our dinner was served had a great ambiance and good music was playing that night. We left very happy and satisfied, considering every restaurant on that street had no food after 10 and had a memorable last meal.

• Visited January 2013