“Perfectly fine for Bermuda”
Review of Rosemont

Rosemont
Reviewed October 23, 2010

This place has nice big rooms, a pool with a view of the harbour, use of gas barbecues, and is in the centre of Bermuda, close to the bars and not unreasonably far from the beaches. It's not a fancy place. Prices in Bermuda are much higher than the U.S. so don't expect what you'd get for $200/night in the States-- expect more what you would get for $100/ night. Breakfast is yoghurt and a muffin in the lobby (if they haven't been already taken by others), rooms are comfortable but not renovated in a while. And, like everywhere in Bermuda, there are ants. You really can't escape them, even in fancy hotels.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
5  Thank quebermy
There are newer reviews for Rosemont

Reviewed July 27, 2010

Returned again this year for a 2 week stay. Rooms have been upgraded and
everything was great. Owner on site every day. Walk to town, little kitchens in every room, Pool all to ourselves all day! Will be back next year!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bermudabill
Reviewed April 20, 2010

I stayed at Rosemont with my children and their children at the end of March to celebtate the 75th birthday of my husband. It was extremely comfortable and the owner and staff went out of their way to ensure we enjoyed ourselves. We were in a third floor suite which was very spacious and our family were in the newly rennovated pool rooms. We were the first to guests to occupy them after they were spruced up. They were very clean, comfortable and the beds were very nice. My family all enjoyed themselves. The location was perfect and we could walk downtown Hamilton in just 10 minutes. I would recommend Rosemont to other family groups who want a smaller hotel near Hamilton. Very comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2009

I have been going to Bermuda for over 40 years! First trip was spring break 1963. We happened on the Rosemont about 20 years ago and have stayed many times since then. We are due to return 7/09. The rooms are not fancy, but clean. The pool is great.
The owners and staff are great. It's a businessman's hotel so the pool is like our own.
Downtown Hamilton is a short walk. The golf is great and we rent a scooter to get around. Best value in Bermuda. We prefer the pool side rooms which are older, but we can fall into the pool from our patio. They also have newer one bedroom units and all rooms have kitchens.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bermudabill
Reviewed May 6, 2009

I visit Bermuda three or four time a year on business and always enjoy my stay at Rosemont. This was my eightth or ninth stay and again I find it most suitable. It is very comfortable, the suites are a good size, clean but simply decorated, the grounds and pool excellent and the room has complimentary wireless internet service which I need. It is not as fancy as the Fairmont hotel at the bottom of the hill but it is only about half the cost. You can walk to Hamilton in five minutes and the small kitychinettes allow you the opportunity to not have to dine out every night. I look forward to staying there again in the fall.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 13, 2008

I stayed at the Rosemont for 2 months this spring when relocating to Bermuda from the UK for work. The hotel is not luxurious and has a few issues, however it wasn't a bad base whilst I settled in. The hotel is a short walk (approximately 10 minutes from the centre of Hamilton) and about 2 minutes from the well known Hamilton Princess hotel, which has great facilities. The Rosemont has a range of rooms and I stayed in a one bedroom apartment with kitchen/diner plus large bedroom and ensuite bathroom. The kitchen was reasonably well equipped however nothing was new or co-ordinated. The apartment was spacious and had a nice patio overlooking the hotel gardens, however the furnishings were rather dated and the levels of cleanliness were not as high as I would have expected. The hotel has a nice pool and great views, however the only other facilities are a guest laundry and a complimentarty newspaper and breakfast (you can collect a coffee, a muffin and a yoghurt from reception each morning). Considering the rooms are approximately $250 per night I wouldn't stay here again at my own expense, however it was fine for a limited period. My one major complaint would be the night security guard who I would encounter in reception each morning when collecting my breakfast. He was uninterested in guests, prefering to read his newspaper and talk on his mobile phone. He struggled to be civil and say "good morning" some days, I found him very intimidating. One day when I mentioned there was no milk out for the coffee and he just said that there wasn't any - have you ever stayed in a hotel where they can't be relied on to provide guests with milk at breaskfast before?

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank HotelAnorak
Reviewed June 27, 2008

I had read other reviews about Rosemont on TripAdvisor so was a little worried about our reservation because the reviews weren't too favorable. Location wise, the place was great. My wife and I did not rent a car or scooter because the location was walkable to downtown Hamilton. The place wasn't bad (I've stayed in worse), it did smell a little musty though. Besides the location the view was great from our room. It overlooked the harbor. The Princess Hotel is across the street so a great place to go for a drink (and again it is walkable). All in all, I enjoyed my short time in Bermuda. Highly recommend going to Elbow Beach.

Stayed: June 2008
1  Thank flightplan44
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamilton
Royal Palms Hotel
Hamilton Princess & Beach Club, a Fairmont Managed Hotel
Grotto Bay Beach Resort & Spa
Grotto Bay Beach Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Hamilton Parish

Been to Rosemont? Share your experiences!