All reviewssmall kitchenyogurtfront streetnice staywould stay here againbusiness tripguest houserestaurants and shopsfirst trip to bermudamicrowavedaisypropertynealislandconnectivityaccommodations
Reviewed June 11, 2009

I have been going to Bermuda for over 40 years! First trip was spring break 1963. We happened on the Rosemont about 20 years ago and have stayed many times since then. We are due to return 7/09. The rooms are not fancy, but clean. The pool is great.
The owners and staff are great. It's a businessman's hotel so the pool is like our own.
Downtown Hamilton is a short walk. The golf is great and we rent a scooter to get around. Best value in Bermuda. We prefer the pool side rooms which are older, but we can fall into the pool from our patio. They also have newer one bedroom units and all rooms have kitchens.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bermudabill
Reviewed May 6, 2009

I visit Bermuda three or four time a year on business and always enjoy my stay at Rosemont. This was my eightth or ninth stay and again I find it most suitable. It is very comfortable, the suites are a good size, clean but simply decorated, the grounds and pool excellent and the room has complimentary wireless internet service which I need. It is not as fancy as the Fairmont hotel at the bottom of the hill but it is only about half the cost. You can walk to Hamilton in five minutes and the small kitychinettes allow you the opportunity to not have to dine out every night. I look forward to staying there again in the fall.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 13, 2008

I stayed at the Rosemont for 2 months this spring when relocating to Bermuda from the UK for work. The hotel is not luxurious and has a few issues, however it wasn't a bad base whilst I settled in. The hotel is a short walk (approximately 10 minutes from the centre of Hamilton) and about 2 minutes from the well known Hamilton Princess hotel, which has great facilities. The Rosemont has a range of rooms and I stayed in a one bedroom apartment with kitchen/diner plus large bedroom and ensuite bathroom. The kitchen was reasonably well equipped however nothing was new or co-ordinated. The apartment was spacious and had a nice patio overlooking the hotel gardens, however the furnishings were rather dated and the levels of cleanliness were not as high as I would have expected. The hotel has a nice pool and great views, however the only other facilities are a guest laundry and a complimentarty newspaper and breakfast (you can collect a coffee, a muffin and a yoghurt from reception each morning). Considering the rooms are approximately $250 per night I wouldn't stay here again at my own expense, however it was fine for a limited period. My one major complaint would be the night security guard who I would encounter in reception each morning when collecting my breakfast. He was uninterested in guests, prefering to read his newspaper and talk on his mobile phone. He struggled to be civil and say "good morning" some days, I found him very intimidating. One day when I mentioned there was no milk out for the coffee and he just said that there wasn't any - have you ever stayed in a hotel where they can't be relied on to provide guests with milk at breaskfast before?

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank HotelAnorak
Reviewed June 27, 2008

I had read other reviews about Rosemont on TripAdvisor so was a little worried about our reservation because the reviews weren't too favorable. Location wise, the place was great. My wife and I did not rent a car or scooter because the location was walkable to downtown Hamilton. The place wasn't bad (I've stayed in worse), it did smell a little musty though. Besides the location the view was great from our room. It overlooked the harbor. The Princess Hotel is across the street so a great place to go for a drink (and again it is walkable). All in all, I enjoyed my short time in Bermuda. Highly recommend going to Elbow Beach.

Stayed: June 2008
1  Thank flightplan44
Reviewed November 25, 2007

I just returned today after spending five nights at the Rosemont in Hamilton, Bermuda.

The Pros: the size of the room is great, very nice view of the harbor, very pleasant neighborhood, modest but free breakfast (muffins and yogurt), kitchnette with utinsils, great location that is walking distance from Front St. in Hamilton, friendly staff, computer in lobby to access free internet, free wireless connection in room, security guard on duty evenings, free local newspaper

The Cons: the bed was pretty bad and the bedding just needs to be replaced, fixtures somewhat dated

Overall, this property is a nice value. I would not recommend to a business traveller or seniors more accustomed to the amenities of a 4 or 5 star property. I found the property charming with the owner actually living in the house adjacent to the hotel. Set-up is somewhat upscalish motel-like with the Best Western analogy given by another reviewer being pretty accurate.

As an additional note, Bermuda is a pleasant place to stay but also very expensive. The food was better than I expected. Ascot's, which is walking distance from Rosemont, I recommend highly--fine dining. Four Ways, a 15 minute taxi ride, was another great restaurant with jackets required. For casual dining, I recommend the Pickeled Onion on Front Street in Hamilton and Cafe Gio in St. George's.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank mjohns7861