All reviewssmall kitchenyogurtfront streetnice staywould stay here againbusiness tripguest houserestaurants and shopsfirst trip to bermudamicrowavedaisypropertynealislandconnectivityaccommodations
Reviewed July 13, 2008

I stayed at the Rosemont for 2 months this spring when relocating to Bermuda from the UK for work. The hotel is not luxurious and has a few issues, however it wasn't a bad base whilst I settled in. The hotel is a short walk (approximately 10 minutes from the centre of Hamilton) and about 2 minutes from the well known Hamilton Princess hotel, which has great facilities. The Rosemont has a range of rooms and I stayed in a one bedroom apartment with kitchen/diner plus large bedroom and ensuite bathroom. The kitchen was reasonably well equipped however nothing was new or co-ordinated. The apartment was spacious and had a nice patio overlooking the hotel gardens, however the furnishings were rather dated and the levels of cleanliness were not as high as I would have expected. The hotel has a nice pool and great views, however the only other facilities are a guest laundry and a complimentarty newspaper and breakfast (you can collect a coffee, a muffin and a yoghurt from reception each morning). Considering the rooms are approximately $250 per night I wouldn't stay here again at my own expense, however it was fine for a limited period. My one major complaint would be the night security guard who I would encounter in reception each morning when collecting my breakfast. He was uninterested in guests, prefering to read his newspaper and talk on his mobile phone. He struggled to be civil and say "good morning" some days, I found him very intimidating. One day when I mentioned there was no milk out for the coffee and he just said that there wasn't any - have you ever stayed in a hotel where they can't be relied on to provide guests with milk at breaskfast before?

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank HotelAnorak
Reviewed June 27, 2008

I had read other reviews about Rosemont on TripAdvisor so was a little worried about our reservation because the reviews weren't too favorable. Location wise, the place was great. My wife and I did not rent a car or scooter because the location was walkable to downtown Hamilton. The place wasn't bad (I've stayed in worse), it did smell a little musty though. Besides the location the view was great from our room. It overlooked the harbor. The Princess Hotel is across the street so a great place to go for a drink (and again it is walkable). All in all, I enjoyed my short time in Bermuda. Highly recommend going to Elbow Beach.

Stayed: June 2008
1  Thank flightplan44
Reviewed November 25, 2007

I just returned today after spending five nights at the Rosemont in Hamilton, Bermuda.

The Pros: the size of the room is great, very nice view of the harbor, very pleasant neighborhood, modest but free breakfast (muffins and yogurt), kitchnette with utinsils, great location that is walking distance from Front St. in Hamilton, friendly staff, computer in lobby to access free internet, free wireless connection in room, security guard on duty evenings, free local newspaper

The Cons: the bed was pretty bad and the bedding just needs to be replaced, fixtures somewhat dated

Overall, this property is a nice value. I would not recommend to a business traveller or seniors more accustomed to the amenities of a 4 or 5 star property. I found the property charming with the owner actually living in the house adjacent to the hotel. Set-up is somewhat upscalish motel-like with the Best Western analogy given by another reviewer being pretty accurate.

As an additional note, Bermuda is a pleasant place to stay but also very expensive. The food was better than I expected. Ascot's, which is walking distance from Rosemont, I recommend highly--fine dining. Four Ways, a 15 minute taxi ride, was another great restaurant with jackets required. For casual dining, I recommend the Pickeled Onion on Front Street in Hamilton and Cafe Gio in St. George's.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank mjohns7861
Reviewed August 8, 2007

My boyfriend and I came here for a business trip and we loved the hotel. This is definately not your huge fairmont type hotel so if that is what you are expecting try booking across the street (at the princess)
There are a couple rooms inside the main house and more in 2 separate 2 story buildings behind the pool. We stayed on the top floor of one of these and the room was beautiful. The bed was so high off the ground it came with a stool. The tub had jets and there was plenty of closet and drawer storage space. It also had a loveseat that converts to a bed. The balcony had a table and 2 chairs.
In the a.m. you just call down to the front desk and they will send your breakfast up in less than 10 minutes .... usually eggs and bacon, or pancakes, or french toast etc. Very delish.
The pool doesnt look very spectacular, but it is refreshing and clean and there are always deck chairs to lounge on.
The hotel is very charming, and offers afternoon tea on the front veranda every day at 4pm ... yum. There is also a rum swizzle party on tuesday with snacks and live music.
It is a 4 minute walk to town where you will find a ton of restaurants (try the pickled onion, and barracuda's). On weds. they close down the main street and have vendors, entertainment etc, very fun.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank erin2345
Reviewed June 11, 2007

Firstly the good stuff:- good location and reasonably quiet. Very friendly maid service. Now the bad stuff!! We found the owners/management to be somewhat cold and aloof and felt that had we been there as business travellers and not on vacation we may have been better received. If you are looking for a place where the management go out of their way to make you feel warm and welcome then this is not it. The room smelt mouldy and the fixtures and fittings could do with upgrading. Externally, there were some obvious areas in need of some maintenance particularly walls which required painting.
On the whole I would not recommend this hotel to any relatives/friends of mine.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family