“Romantic & Relaxing”

Rosedon Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Hamilton
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 17, 2012

Our first trip to Bermuda, so we wanted to take in some of the different areas. Our first 2 days we stayed at the Rosedon Hotel which I wouldn't change at all. The hotel is just as the pictures show, it has more of a boutique feel, romantic and charming. We were there in late April 2011, and the weather was low 70's, sunny and warm enough that we could use the pool area. It was close to downtown activity that you could walk to.

The staff was friendly and helpful. There is a honor system bar section that was well stocked with most items you'd want.

The only suggestion I think I'd make, is to add a walking path to the street, you basically had to walk in the street with traffic to leave the property.

We went across the street to the Fairmount Hamilton Princess for drinks and lunch on the outdoor restaurant deck - great ocean views, friendly staff. We also stopped in places along the main street and side streets that were fun and easy going.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank ACBeachBum
TinyBermuda, General Manager at Rosedon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Thank you for this excellent review. I love the adjectives you use to describe us "Boutique, romantic and charming'. This is exactly what we aim to create for the Hotel experience.

We would love to welcome you back one day.

Reviewed January 31, 2012

Lovely rooms, first-rate service, excellent breakfast included in reservations, plus very nice afternoon high tea. Right at the edge of downtown Hamilton, the capitol city. Reasonable rates. We came off-season, jan-feb, and the weather was slightly scattered showers, but mostly lovely. The staff couldn't be kinder to us, they'll arrange day tours, tickets, call for cabs, and there's lunch and dinner room service (extra) that they'll serve anywhere on the property that you choose. Heated pool with a small fountain. Incredible gardens. Lovely veranda. Can't miss with this one!

Room Tip: Hotel is on a hill, so all rooms are quiet. There is no elevator, so keep that in mind if you need...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank tzefirah

Thank you for this excellent review! We are happy that you found us to be first rate. Glad to know you got to enjoy our heated pool during the cooler days. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to the staff for their fine service.

We hope to welcome you back one day.

Reviewed January 14, 2012

This was our third time to Bermuda and we like to try a different property each time we come. I'm glad we chose to try the Rosedon Hotel and we would definitely stay here again. I want to make a few comments about topics that people have not mentioned in previous review:

1. Breakfast. You receive a full breakfast each morning. There is a specific breakfast menu each day (not printed) and you can make some modifications from that menu if you do not like what is being served. For example, on Friday they served scrambled eggs with toast, bacon, scones, orange juice, and coffee or tea. On Saturday, they served French Toast with bacon, toast, orange juice, and coffee or tea. On Saturday, they served poached eggs with bacon, toast, an English muffin, orange juice, and coffee or tea. You can have cereal in place of the main dish if you want. You can also have your eggs prepared anyway you like. I enjoyed being able to have breakfast served in any location that I wanted on the property. We ate on the veranda of the main house each morning, though some also ate in their rooms. Personally, I prefer a buffet each morning, but most people seemed to like being served their breakfast in the way that I described.

2. Afternoon tea is served from 4:00pm - 5:30pm in the main house. Red Rose tea was served with finger sandwiches and various pound cakes and fruit cakes. I thought that was a nice touch but the light food is not really filling and you will still want to plan a dinner somewhere.

3. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I specifically want to mention Olga at reception who arranged a taxi for my mom to go the beech for a short while even though it was raining a bit that day. She also gave me good directions to the Gibb's Hill Lighthouse.

4. The room was fine. It could be modernized / updated a bit. There was satellite service but there was also static or background noise coming from the TV (no matter the channel). Fixtures were a little scuffed / banged up. Beds were comfortable and the bathroom was clean.

5. Wifi. I used this a lot on the trip. There is wifi all over the property, however, speed was not always super fast. It seemed to be slower during the day. I suspect when more people were using it then the band with decreased.

6. The location is excellent if you want to be close to Hamilton. The Rosedon Hotel provides a lot of extras for a very good price. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
20  Thank ChinaShrek

Thank you for such a detailed good review. We have noted all of the points mentioned. We are pleased to share with you that many of our rooms have been upgraded this year and we continue to do the final few while I write. We have also worked on ensuring our Wifi is faster and consistent for all our guests. I will be sure to share with Olga your compliments for taking such good care of your mother.

We are glad you would return and look forward to welcoming you back one day.

Reviewed January 14, 2012

I stayed with a friend at the Rosedon for 3 nights back in October and am so glad we found this place. My taste is all over the place. I love four star accommodations and service but also don't mind roughing it in a funky place so sometimes it's hard for me to decide. This was a short getaway and I didn't want much fuss so we went the luxury route. The hotel is just past the main street in Hamilton so for location you can't do any better. It's possible to walk to any restaurant or for shopping. There is a pool and the grounds are beautifully landscaped. We took a swim each morning before breakfast and it was a perfect way to start the day. Breakfast is included and although you don't order from a menu the meal was delicious and abundant. The staff is friendly, sometimes too friendly but rather that than the opposite. In the afternoon they have tea time on the porch with tea of course, little sandwiches and cakes. They will also make a lunch to go for your day on the beach. We did this one day and it was reasonably priced and satisfying. They also have a beach shuttle available for free and that was a nice way to break up our sunning. The beach has no life-guard but there were other people swimming and the area was lovely.

The room was spacious and clean but had some funky features. If you pulled out one of the drawers all the way the valance would fall off the window. It's a big one piece thing so not a big deal to put back but kinda weird. The front door hits the bed when opened but there was plenty of room for two people to move around in and we didn't bump into each other. The beds were comfy and there was plenty of room for our clothes and toiletries. I think it could have been a bit more posh and as the hotel goes this is the one thing that kept my review from being excellent. I would still recommend this place.

the porch and common area is comfortable. There is a communal computer in the parlor and I never had to wait much for access.

In general Bermuda is expensive. restaurants are good but portions are small and the bill is not. Getting around via taxi is ridiculous so having a place to stay that offers pool and beach and some food included makes it a great deal.

I also loved that it was a smaller hotel. I don't have any experience staying at the big places so I don't know how that compares, but for me the Rosedon hit the right balance. It offered a lot in an intimate setting. If I return to Bermuda I will most certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
7  Thank pearl88

Thank you for this positive review. We are sure glad you decided to stay with us for your short visit to Bermuda. We are happy to share we have corrected the valance box falling when draw is opened. They have been shortened. We have noted other points for improvement.
We are pleased we struck the right balance for you and look forward to your possible return.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

I stayed at Rosedon over the winter holiday and had a spectacular time. Our room was spotless with wonderful decor and moden touches. The bed was soft and the ceiling fan offered wonderful airflow for those warm evenings. The staff at Rosedon are amazing. Each one will greet you with a smile and be happy to help in any situation. I used the pool almost every day and it felt as if I were in a garden oasis with Rosedon's lush gardens surrounding the entire property.
Rosedon is within walking distance to almost everywhere in Hamilton including many fabulous restaurants. They also offer a free shuttle to Elbow Beach for all of us beach bums!
I had a great time and cannot wait to return.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank TeraJo320

Thank you for this amazing review! So glad you got to swim in the pool everyday and enjoy our wonderful gardens! Our beach shuttle seems to also have been a winner for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back one day.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed a week at the Rosedon with our 8 month old daughter.
The hotel is lovely and clean and the staff cannot do enough to help you. I was very pleased with the way they handled by request for a room with a balcony and a cot for my daughter.
The pool was very inviting and never too crowded. It is also heated though cool enough to take a refreshing dip when the heat gets too much.

The hotel grounds are beautiful as is the main building. Hamilton is right on the doorstep with some lovely restaurants and the ferry port just a couple of minutes away meaning travel to other parts of the island is simple! The hotel will also arrange free transport to a south shore beach as there are no beaches nearby the hotel itself. We took advantage of this transport one day only as the beach didn't appear to have any shelter or amenities which meant we were at risk of sunburn (very pale skinned Europeans that we are!).

The only slight negative of the hotel itself is the furnishing of the rooms which is now a little dated but certainly nothing that would put me off from future stays should I ever find myself in that neck of the woods again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank RinnyA

Thank you for this positive review. We are pleased that we were able to accomodate the needs of your family. Glad you found our pool inviting and not crowded. We have noted your comments regarding our furniture and have in place an ongoing program of upgrading our furniture and rooms.
We sure would love to welcome you back from Europe one day.

Reviewed December 20, 2011

I stayed at the Rosedon in September while on a girl's getaway with my best friend. We found the staff to be extremely helpful and friendly and the rooms perfect for our needs. We particularly enjoyed the Rum Swizzle party on Tues night and relaxing by the pool in the evening. Only item which could have been improved upon is that the rooms smelled a bit musty/moldy. I am guessing this is due to the tropical climate of Bermuda. However a dehumidifier or air purifier would have helped.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank TravelBug_mkj
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamilton
Royal Palms Hotel
#3 of 3 in Southampton Parish
The Reefs
The Reefs
#2 of 3 in Southampton Parish

Been to Rosedon Hotel? Share your experiences!