The guest house is perched atop a hill a couple hundred yards up from the Fairmount Hamilton Princess, an easy-to-find Hamilton landmark, and is an easy 10-15 minute walk to the Hamilton Bus Station- an important place if you don't want to take your life in your hands by renting a scooter or giving all your money to taxis.
The rooms are bright and airy, and the grounds serene- the pool out back is great for quiet lounging or a couple of laps, and the huge beach umbrellas will shield you from Bermuda's out-of-nowhere brief rain squalls.
The best part about Edgehill Manor, though, is its owner, Miss Bridget. She was fantastic- I needed to correct and re-sign an unrelated but important document back in the States when I arrived, and once I signed it in the breakfast room, she graciously refused my offers to pay for the international fax charges to send it back to the US. After this and a nice conversation with her, she set me up with tea and biscuits as I checked into my room... quite the warm welcome and bit of "Bermuda sunshine" indeed! As an extra plus, Miss Bridget also makes the desserts served with breakfast.
I would certainly stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Edgehill Manor Guest House is located very close to down town Hamilton. Near many offices, stores, public transportation,(Bus & Ferry) parks, fine restaurants, cinemas, & 15 minute ride to beautiful beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Edgehill Manor Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edgehill Manor Guest House Hotel Hamilton
- Edgehill Manor Guest House Bermuda/Hamilton