WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor
Cathedral of the Most Holy Trinity (Bermuda Cathedral)
Ranked #7 of 58 things to do in Hamilton
More attraction details
Owner description: The mother Anglican church in Bermuda, known not only for its religious, historical, and social importance, but also for its beautiful architecture.
Richmond, Kentucky
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Incredible”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! The door was open, but it was almost closing time. The man there did not rush us and actually told us a lot about Bermudian history. He was a former Mayor of Hamilton and had a wealth of knowledge to share. He was so kind and really wanted to share the islands heritage with us. We learned more from him in less than an hour than we ever imagined. The church is inspiring no matter what faith you come from.

Visited November 2012

Lakeland, Minnesota
164 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 345 helpful votes
“Lovely Architecture”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

A beautiful old Anglican church in the heart of Hamilton, this is a lovely example of some amazing architecture. The tower was not open during my visit, nor was the gift shop. The church was decorated for the holidays. Easy to walk to from the main bus center, or a few blocks' walk from the ferry dock.

Visited December 2012
Providence, Rhode Island
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 118 helpful votes
“Gorgeous church, architecture - stunning view from the Tower...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

This church is truly stunning in almost every way. I love the neo-Gothic style, copper roof, beautiful stained glass windows, and the lovely stone and wood work. Even if you're not a fan of churches, per se, this is worth a look. The history of the church is rather interesting as well...

The real treat is the Cathedral Tower. That said, it is 155 steps to the top. It is claustrophobic - if you're going up or someone is coming down, it's likely that one of you needs to turn around. The fit is tight, and 'panicky' folks will need to summon the courage to get to the top, and possess at least some fitness. There are only two landings, and when I was there they were both pretty dark. I, myself, was 'uncomfortable' yet determined to get to the top. The staircase is primarily spiral and then regular stairs. *However, once up to the top the view and photography are truly breathtaking.* The church is free - to climb the tower is $3.00 for adults (seniors and students are $2.00, children 5 and under are free as I recall) - well worth it, believe me.

There is a nice little gift shop, and you can purchase beverages. The volunteers are very nice and polite. When I was there it was hot and humid so water was imperative - at least for me. Even if you decide that getting up to the top is not for you, the church itself is worth the visit. If you are in / around Hamilton I would recommend *not* bypassing this landmark. There was no service taking place when I was there, thus I could just take my time walking around before venturing up to the top. Once up there I stayed for roughly a half-hour. It was a beautiful day, and the view and photos were outstanding. Hopefully the photos will give you a decent appreciation of what you will find here. And, some kind folks took my photo :-) And, going down always seems easier than getting up!

This is really a nice church - check it out if you're in this vacinity of Bermuda!

Visited October 2012
3 Thank Raymond C
Hamilton, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“lovely church”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Enjoyed the Sunday 10 AM service with my elderly parents. Interesting church and friendly congregation. It is worth a visit even if you like churches.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank brin56
Paget Parish, Bermuda
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Beautiful View”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

I live in Bermuda and occasionally visit the Cathedral with visitors (friends). The church is beautiful in and out. The organs are something to see, especially the older one. For a small fee, one can take the many stairs and go to the roof top. This of course needs to be done before 1:00 pm. The 360 degree view is magnificent.

Visited July 2012