“Very interesting”

Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute
Ranked #10 of 62 things to do in Hamilton
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the wonders of the ocean without getting wet! Interactive exhibits for both young and old including The America's Cup exhibit, our new simulated dive into the Bermuda Triangle, our 'Living with the Ocean' exhibit which examines the human impact on the marine environment, one of the largest private shell collections in the world, the famous Teddy Tucker Shipwreck Gallery and so much more!
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Very interesting”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Lovely shell collection, fun time in the shark cage (kids would love it), fun in the simulated bathyscape. I wished my grandkids were there with us.

1 Thank Grandma_Pig

Montreal, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Lovely attraction (with air conditioning)”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I visited this attraction while in Bermuda on a cruise ship. Exhibits were great. I really liked the explanations on the tiger fish. I did not know it was in invasive specie. The shell collection was beautiful and the experience in the shark cage neat.

The 2 staff members I dealt with were really nice and polite (the front desk lady who sells the tickets and the other lady who asked me to fill out a short survey). The only thing that might need an adjustment is the hands-on exhibit near the entrance which did not seem to be working. I mentioned it to the front desk lady who tried it herself with no results. I am sure it has been resolved by now.

And by the way Bermuda was brutally hot when I was there and the Institute was air conditioned aaaaaahhhh. But this is not the main reason why I visited it...

Wing, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Defiantly worth calling into this, lots to see the shell collection is good, and the entrance fee is reasonable

1 Thank Mrsn2007
Port
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Very informative, lot of exhibits”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

A very interesting and educational experience, especially for kids. There are a number of interactive displays and information of interest to kids. Underwater exploration around Bermuda is fascinating for what it tells us about Bermuda and ocean exploration in general. Unfortunately "the Dive" portion of the centre was not open during our visit.

Austin, Texas
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Fun!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

This was on our maybe/maybe not list while in Bermuda. We had a few hours to kill one of our days in Hamilton, so decided to check it out & glad we did. Lots of interesting underwater exhibits, well-presented. We're glad we did it!

Visited August 2013