“My new favourite restaurant in Bermuda” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bolero Brasserie

Bolero Brasserie
Ranked #16 of 100 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: European, French, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Hamilton, Bermuda
“My new favourite restaurant in Bermuda”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

I love this place! First off, the staff are so helpful and knowledgable about their product and have no hesitation recommending dishes or explaining how a dish is prepared. Secondly, the ambience is low key and warm - the comfortable seating area by the bar is a great place to have a pre-dinner cocktail whilst waiting for the rest of your group, or having a post-meal drink if you're not quite ready to leave. And then we get to the food - the menu is comprehensive and offers up some truly hearty dishes - lighter fare is also represented well. Eating here, kind of reminds me of going over to a friend's house for dinner - I always feel welcome, relaxed and cozy with superb food and wine served by "friends". I always have trouble selecting what I want to eat here only because there is so much on the menu I want to try - perhaps offering a tasting menu would satisfy me (great suggestion!!). There is a lovely terrace overlooking the harbour for those of you wanting to take in the spectacular view. Be warned to book ahead otherwise you might be disappointed. Equally fabulous at lunch too.

• Visited January 2014

North Andover, Massachusetts
“Shouldn't review, keep a secret ;)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

It's kind of hard to find walking down Front Street, but that maybe to your advantage.

Great meal for our last night on the island. Had ham and chokes for an appetizer, Parma ham with truffle oil and perfectly cooked artichokes. Loved them, coming from a guy who doesn't necessarily enjoy artichokes (hopefully my wife doesn't read this). For a main course I did surf and turf over champ. Champ is gotta be a great side dish, onions mixed into potatoes, yum. Other aps we enjoyed were the duck fat roasted potatoes and Parmesan truffle fries.

Staff was great, attentive and friendly. Wish more restaurants in the States took notes on their customer service.

BONUS - Love the mustache over the Gents restroom sign and the puzzle next to the bar. Adds playful flair.

Visited February 2014
Rowayton, Connecticut
“Valentine's 2014”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Within the past year plus I have been to Bermuda over 8 times and have dined in many fine establishments. But by far, my most recent visit to see my girlfriend for a surprise visit for Valentine's Day, there was no hesitation as to where I would take her. There is no comparison on the island to the best of class service we received by Alex, Nick, Cole and the rest of the Bolero staff. From the moment we walked in the door we were greeted by smiling faces and escorted to our table. Between Alex and Cole, we asked for their recommendations and were not disappointed one bit. Their wine recommendation complimented our meal perfectly. We highly recommend the Pig Trotters, Duck With Froi Gras (can't remember the exact name) and basically anything on their menu. If we can recommend one of the best restaurants on this beautiful island it is Bolero's in Hamilton. Dave from Connecticut

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Dave H
falmouth, ma
“Bolero continues to be one of the very best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

Although I have reviewed this restaurant before, we visited last night with friends and had another spectacular meal and can report Bolero is as good as ever. Our waiter, Coles is entertaining and witty with a detailed knowledge of all of the dishes, making recommendations for those of us a bit undecided.5 star service. Entrees included rack of lamb, posh poutine, bolero burger and a couple of others I missed because of the moans of ecstasy coming from the table. The thing that really sets this restaurant apart is the chefs inventiveness creating delicious combinations that would be remarkable anywhere, not just Bermuda. Come on now, Posh Poutine? Hand cut truffled fries, with gravy, topped with shredded duck meat that was slow cooked in duck fat, all topped off with a generous portion of pan seared fois gras! WOW. Prices at bolero while not cheap, are less than some of the islands less worthy competitors. While I have difficulty in saying what is the best restaurant in Bermuda, Bolero is certainly one of the top two. Finally, I got a secret sneak peak at the new menu being introduced next week. I will only say, there are several new dishes that include ingredients rarely if ever served in Bermuda. I can't wait to try them all.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank nigelbulldog
Williamsburg, Virginia
“We never get tired of Bolero's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

From the first time we went to Bolero's, when Oliver was playing at the Theater in City Hall to this past September, our food has been the best and it will always be at the top of the list when we visit. The staff is so accommodating and pleasant, but the food is what draws us back. Thank you and don't go away.

• Visited September 2013