“Great meal”
Review of Bolero Brasserie

Bolero Brasserie
Ranked #20 of 105 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great meal”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We ate here while vacationing in Bermuda. Good atmosphere, there seemed to be more locals than tourists, which is always a great sign!

Great service, we were both very pleased with our appetizers and entrees. Get the blueberry mess for dessert!

• Visited May 2013

Hamilton, Bermuda
“Great dining experience”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Service is always excellent, food was well-seasoned, the menu is always changing, so there is excellent variety.

Please bring the cassoulet back on the menu!

Visited April 2013
Bermjda
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very, very disappointed”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I love Bolero and have always preferred it over all the restaurants in Hamilton. However, dinner last night with the new menu was incredibly disappointing. The staff, as usual, were just great; however, the food which used to be outstanding was either totally bland or tasting predominately of bacon fat. The presentation of some of the dishes left a lot to be desired (for example, the steak tartare). All our party are huge fans of Bolero and eat there often, but our dinner was so poor that it would take a lot of encouragement to make us want to go back.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank lovecharlotte
JonnyRoberts, Owner at Bolero Brasserie, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Hello Lovecharlotte,
After reading your review about us and I am very perplexed to say the least.

If the food was ‘bland and tasting predominately of bacon fat’ what on earth did you have? I am baffled. I have spoken with my manager and my staff and they do not recall any complaints spoken to them of which you have written.
Our steak tartare dish is a modern take on the classic and has been positively received by many of our regulars, presentation being the most greatly commented on.
You can call me at Bolero if you wish and perhaps tell me exactly what was bland and what tasted of bacon fat, so I can investigate the issues you have stated.

As you are obviously living in Bermuda and you “love Bolero and have always preferred it over all the restaurants in Hamilton” and you are that disappointed then why didn’t you speak out, or even call me/us the next day? As you said “the staff as usual were just great” then you would know that they are very approachable, that we take great pride in our work and would have fixed any issues immediately.
If you were real ‘fans’ of Bolero then you would know our 'new' menu is old and has been around since January of this year, almost 4 months. A ‘new’ menu begins next week!!

I can see that this is your first review on this site.. It intrigues me that you say you have enjoyed Bolero so many times and that you visit us often. Yet you have one bad experience then chose to post your comments on line. This is very suspicious.
We have become very wary of unhelpful, flippant reviews. I in fact find your review disbelieving and thankfully I am able to respond.

Jonny Roberts, Chef/Owner, Bolero
Towson, Maryland
“Good restaurant”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We visited the Bolero Brasserie for lunch. The atmosphere is congenial. Service was outstanding.

We both had the French onion soup which was wonderful and warming on a damp December day. I chose the Bolero salad which was topped with the tastiest olives I've ever eaten. My husband tried the ham and artichokes which he thought very good.

If we had stayed longer in Bermuda, I would have liked to try this restaurant for dinner. Our first two attempts found the establishment closed for the holidays.

• Visited December 2012
Fernandina Beach, Florida
“Creative food meets friendly service”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

You are bound to find something to savour on the varied, well-priced menu at Bolero. It is always changing and always delicous, whether you choose to sample two or three items from the appetizer menu or enjoy a main course. The food is fresh and seasonal, as well as inventive. The staff are professional and very pleasant. The wine is a little pricey, but well within the range of other Bermuda restaurants, and the selection is good, if not extensive.

• Visited April 2013