“Outstanding Lunch in Bermuda”
Review of Mad Hatters

Mad Hatters
Ranked #3 of 107 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: American, French, British
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Hidden gem of a little restaurant, serving contemporary, fresh unique and inspiring cuisine.
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We ventured off the ferry to find Mad Hatters and it was a little difficult to find and we almost gave up in the July heat. I am so glad we didn't. Immediately upon sitting down we were given a plate of rolls and butter and the menus. At first I wanted to leave - there were only four entrees and a few salads/soups. Did not appear to be anything I wanted. The waiter explained the two specials: Mexican shrimp and Bangers n Mash. I reluctantly ordered the Mexican shrimp and lobster bisque. Lobster bisque was very tomato based with good flavor. My husband had the spinach salad with pears and liked it. The Mexican shrimp dish was delicious. The flavors of the food blended perfectly. My husband had pork medallions and thought it was the best pork chop he ever had. A great bowl of fresh vegetables and roasted potatoes were served in the middle of the table for family style. My son had a cheeseburger and fries.

Just like most restaurants in Bermuda - it's expensive. Our lunch bill was $85. They do not automatically add gratuity so that was extra as well. It was so worth every bit of it.

Service was very attentive and friendly.

Can't wait to go back.

1  Thank JessDougBrown
There are newer reviews for Mad Hatters

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We took our family visitors to MH as a birthday treat for my father-in-law. As always the service and food was excellent. The effort made to accommodate my vegetarian request was brilliant and the results were delicious ! The birthday boy received a dessert with Happy Birthday written in chocolate sauce and a candle, very much appreciated! This is why we love MH!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

As a frequent traveler to Bermuda, I can't believe this was my first time at the Mad Hatters. Tucked away a few blocks from Front Street, this restaurant is on the small side so be sure to make reservations. We went at 8:45 pm without a reservation, but the waiter quickly set up a table to accommodate us. We noticed the other patrons wearing strange hats, and quickly observed that the coatracks and hooks above is were hats for the patron's wearing. We had a lot of fun with this and then came the best part: The food was outstanding! The salads were fresh and interesting. We had the salmon, rockfish (prepared 2 different ways), and the duck and it was one of the best meals I've ever had on the island. Desserts were delicious too! We will definitely return!

2  Thank Debbie O
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We went for dinner w/2 little kids and they were SO wonderful and SO great. We sat in their little garden. They made things for the kids that weren't on the menu (kids asked for sauteed spinach!). The fish was fresh and good. The service was impeccable and super pleasant. The one place I would definitely return to next time in Bermuda!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Exceptionally flaired food in a very eclecto-Spartan settng. Not to be missed in Hamilton. The specials are particularly good.