“Absolutely amazing dinner” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Portofino Restaurant

Portofino Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 100 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ohio
“Absolutely amazing dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

I had the linguini carbonara and garlic toast. The Garlic toast was good, the carbonara was excellent. You know you are in good hands when the waiters say things like Grazie and Ciao. Service was also great. My only complaint was when they took my left overs to box up for me, they threw away the 2 pieces of garlic toast I had saved rather than including them with the leftover pasta.

Norwalk, Connecticut
“Always a favorite!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

We have dined at this restaurant many times over the last 20 plus years. Casual, great food and wine.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Poor service and sickening food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

I can't imagine how anyone could call this "good" italian food. The lack of attentive service, in combination with the manager pushing us towards the most expensive bottle of wine before he even asked our preference, white or red, turned us off immediately. When our over priced meals arrived we were surprised by the lack of flavor and low quality of ingredients for an establishment that had such good reviews. To top it all off I spent the evening head hung in the bathroom from food poisoning that could only be attributed to the poorly handled salmon roe that covered my meal. Needless to say I wouldn't waster my time or money here again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Guilford,CT
“Good food, a little pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

I dined here last night with my daughter without a reservation during a downpour. We were accommodated immediately.Good service. too bad they feel they have to charge for Italian bread. I had the scallop arugula salad special which was good but they used canned mango and only 4 scallops for $30. It was good but not worth the money. My daughter had the fish chowder and caprese salad and enjoyed both. this is a popular restaurant and always packed. I would eat here again.

Visited August 2013
“Good food, cheesy decor.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

The food was good Italian food. Not great, not the best I've ever had, but good. The pasta was fresh and cooked perfectly. I ordered the half portion and it was just enough.

Decor is quite cheesy, every available inch of the walls is covered with photos of scenes of Italy. It looks like a giant travel brochure, minus Mario Perillo. The benches at the booths are only 12" deep and terribly uncomfortable. The moment we sat down we got up and asked for a different table, one with out a bench. We were given the only table without a bench that was available, right in front of the entrance to the bathroom! ugh! The service was ok and you had to pay for Italian bread and butter, never in my life!