“Excellent”

Pickled Onion
Ranked #25 of 108 Restaurants in Hamilton
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Temporary closed for renovation.
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I had dinner here and ordered a local white fish with plantains and grilled veggies. It is a bit expensive but I felt like it was worth it. The service was excellent and had a nice atmosphere. I would recommend this restaurant if you are looking for something a little on the healthy side.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,285)

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We had outdoor balcony seating on Harbor Night which was just perfect! The view from there overlooks Front Street and out into the harbor The ambiance of the place was cool, conformable and relaxing, and the food was very good, although I must admit I was so busy soaking in everything that evening -- the sight, sounds -- that I really can't remember how the food was! What I do know is that I left there feeling very gratified so if must have been good!!

Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

We just arrived in Hamilton, and wanted to have a casual dinner before headed back to the hotel. I had read reviews of the Pickled Onion, so we decided to try it. The staff were very friendly, and made several recommendations. The Roasted Snapper was very good. The Grilled Swordfish was a wee bit overdone, but still good. I'd certainly recommend the Pickled Onion.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

First place we ate in Bermuda. Seated outside on the balcony very quickly not having booked. Drinks order taken promptly while we looked at the menu by a friendly waiter. Two of us had pizza which was absolutely delicious, one had roast chicken which he said was excellent and the other had wahoo which was also delicious. No complaints about the food or service. Cost was fairly expensive by our standards but pretty reasonable for Bermuda. So good we went back a second time!

Reviewed November 23, 2013

After a few hours of sightseeing the streets of Hamilton, my wife and I stopped at the Pickled Onion for a quick bite and a beer. We were seated on the balcony outside and were treated to a little people watching on the waterfront with our meal.

The service was attentive, yet not overpowering and the quality of the meal actually exceeded our expectations. The portions were generous and I especially enjoyed our bbq chicken brick oven pizza and the beer was ice cold.

Although we didn't experience the bar, it appeared to be a vibrant spot with several signature selections. If you find yourself in Hamilton, stop in and give a try for a casual experience.