“This place is serious about service!”
Review of Pickled Onion

Pickled Onion
Ranked #9 of 108 Restaurants in Hamilton
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 18, 2013

This place came highly recommended when I was researching the best places to eat in Bermuda, as well as by our cab driver, so naturally when I visited downtown Hamilton, I thought I would give it a try.

Long story short, we had a less than stellar visit. The meal was ok, but we were improperly overcharged by a rude and disinterested server, and left the restaurant disappointed.

I detailed my experience on Trip Advisor and promptly received correspondence from the president of the company who owns the restaurant. He asked me to get in touch with the general manager so that she could investigate.

The general manager was an absolute sweetheart and very much committed to resolving the issue and making my experience a teaching moment so that they could improve. I'm not kidding when I say "investigate". She went back through several weeks worth of receipts as well as identified the server involved to get to the root of the problem. It's hard to impress me, but I was IMPRESSED!

It is obvious that this place is serious about customer service and despite my initial experience, I am pleased that they went far go above and beyond to satisfy this guest.

I will let you decide if this restaurant is right for you, but I encourage you not to do as I did; if you have a problem on concern, ask to SPEAK TO MANAGEMENT RIGHT AWAY! I can guarantee that they will take good care of you!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,273)

Reviewed September 18, 2013

When eating here ask to be seated outside on the balcony and you can enjoy the fantastic view of the bay whilst you watch the sunset, the service was good as was the food, prices are about on par with others as Bermuda is not a cheap holiday. Enjoyed it so much we visited twice

Reviewed September 17, 2013

This establishment gets alot of business simply due to location on Front Street. Food is OK...drinks are just OK.

Our waiter was clueless though. Maybe he was just having an off-day but I would steer clear as there are several other choices.

If you are lucky enough to be seated on the balcony -- the trip might be worth it. But if not...keep walking.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

On our first night in Bermuda we decided to take the bus to Hamilton. We asked a very nice lady on the bus for a good place to eat. She highly recommended The Pickled Onion. The food was excellent and the staff was really attentive. We are so happy to have met that sweet local on the bus. Ask to sit on the balcony, you will have a nice view of the water.

1  Thank Wanda C
Reviewed September 5, 2013

One of my favorite places to eat on the entire island! Great service and the food is super tasty and always consistent. I like to eat on the upstairs porch and enjoy the view of the sound while doing a little people watching.