“Very Good fish Restaurant”
Review of Lobster Pot

Lobster Pot
Ranked #13 of 107 Restaurants in Hamilton
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 18, 2013

A previous reviewer advises “to make reservations, but off season you can probably get in without.”
Well we very nearly didn’t two weeks ago after turning up on a Friday evening on the off chance, to find the place packed out with locals.
Fortunately the head waiter offered us a place up the bar if we were prepared to wait for about 20 minutes, and it turned out to be a good decision to do so.
As others have mentioned the decor is more Country Inn than modern, so seems to be more aligned to informal dining rather than formal, but that worked for us and went well with the lively atmosphere of a full restaurant.
We shared the coconut prawns to start, which were excellent and then tried two of the available local fish of the day, Rock fish and Wahoo, with two of the seven different preparations and both were very well done.
Could not fault the service which was very attentive and friendly and for once I didn’t begrudge the 15% service being automatically added to the bill.
We enjoyed The Lobster Pot and it was one of our best dining experiences during our vacation.
One point to note , the restaurant is not open on Mondays.

1  Thank Steve_of_N21
There are newer reviews for Lobster Pot

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Easy to find, great location. Looked forward to this meal. Very casual, pub like restaurant. Service was 5 star though! The lobster mac and cheese was the best meal on the menu. The steak and garlic mash was done to perfection. The lobster bisque was tomato based and not the best but everything else made up for it. I reccomend this restaurant!

1  Thank Unbelizable11
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Birthday dinner. Table too small to hold all the seafood. So much fun. Mostly locals dining. Fish properly prepared. Everything tasty tasty tasty. Make reservations, but off season you can probably get in without.

1  Thank John C
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Great place to eat seafood, great service. Trying to get the chef to part with his recipe for Lobster/crab mac n cheese.........

1  Thank gillian b
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I was really looking forward to experiencing a favorite restaurant of the locals. I think my expectations were off and would have given this 3 1/2 stars if I could have!
This was a very casual restaurant. I was excited to try the traditional rock lobster and just didn't care for it. I don't think there was anything wrong with the preparation, just my taste. My husband's chowder, dinner and everyone else's meals were really good. I just wasn't "wowed." Maybe I was just hoping to be there at a time the locals were dining too!