“Best restaurant on the island”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Barracuda Grill

Barracuda Grill
Ranked #2 of 101 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Best restaurant on the island”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

This place is a must. Fantastic food and service. Its quite pricey and smart, the decor is lovely. Located above the hog penny. Fantastic food and in our opinion, the best restaurant on the island.

Visited July 2014

• Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
“Always an amazing dinner!!”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Ask for Ryan the bartender who just won Bermuda's Best Bartender for 2013! I have gone every time I have visited the island over the last four years and every time I have the most amazing meal, the fish chowder, the specialty cocktails and the amazing service make this spot a must have!!!

Visited July 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Beautiful birthday dinner”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Barracuda was recommended to us by our host in Bermuda. We visited for my boyfriend's birthday on July 30, 2014. The restaurant was very loud, but it was clear that it was because diners were having a wonderful time. We were seated immediately without a reservation (though it seemed we got lucky since we did see others wait). We ate the grilled artichoke hearts and calamari with fig mostardo as appetizers. The serving of calamari was large enough for more people. I ordered the lobster gnocchi as I had been thinking about lobster all day. It was a very nice red pepper sauce and the gnocchi were huge and fluffy. The boyfriend had snapper with a date barbecue sauce. We were blown away. Such lovely food. The meal was well-paced (a couple hours for all three courses). We will definitely go back next time we are in Bermuda.

NYC
“Great service, poor communication”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Sent my parents here to celebrate their anniversary. Because I did not personally eat there, I can only relay what I was told and my experience setting things up.

Made an online reservation, and simultaneously emailed the establishment to set up the particulars (specifically payment) since the dinner would be a gift and I did not want them getting a bill. I NEVER got a response. This is why I didn't rate them 5 stars. If your website is going to list an email address, someone must be responsive to messages.

Fortunately, I was going to be traveling with them to Bermuda and was able to get to Hamilton and speak to the restaurant directly, give pre-payment, etc. They were very helpful, accommodating, and professional. Had I gotten that type of service in the first place from email (or even gotten an email to indicate I needed to come by in person) I would have been delighted.

For those who are gifting the dinner to someone but will not be in the country at the same time, you might be out of luck.

From what I was told, the meal was wonderful, service attentive, and the entire experience a delight.

• Visited July 2014
MichaelMaguire75, General Manager at Barracuda Grill, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to review of the Barracuda Grill .I am happy to hear that when we did connect to arrange the per-payment our team was helpful and accommodating. I am sorry if we failed to reply to your email.

Most importantly I am happy that your parents had a wonderful meal with attentive service and found the total experience a delight.

I can ensure any one looking to make arrangements for a gift card for friends or family visiting Bermuda to simply give us a call or send us an email and some one be able to help you immediately.

Lichfield
“Found by accident than design but food &service excellent”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I originally overlooked this place in favour of one with an outside terrace but when we could get into our first choice at The Hafbourside. Then looked for place based on food /service recommendations rather than views and did not regret choice. Excellent food choice well presented and served by Diana. Recommend it to anyone looking for a nice meal.

2 Thank Phil_Owen