“Good quality food simply presented”
Review of Bistro J

Bistro J
Ranked #25 of 107 Restaurants in Hamilton
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Expect a bistro and you won't be disappointed. Understated and a simple pre fixe dinner menu. Friendly attentive service which we'd expect from a fellow Canadian! Tasty crunchy flounder to start, I enjoyed a delicious vegetarian Thai Curry and my table mates both gave the flank steak and fries 2 thumbs up. Apple banana fritters with raspberry sorbet were excellent and we topped off the evening with a reasonably priced Pinot Noir. Quiet ambiance, if you are looking for a livelier evening head to its sister restaurant Port o call next door.

There are newer reviews for Bistro J

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We visited Bermuda for the first time in December and absolutely loved it. Our dive guide recommended Bistro J. It was intimate and friendly and the food was very good. The menu is on a chalkboard and changes daily. I had the mahi mahi with a lemon white wine sauce and my husband had pork tenderloin that he loved; I only got 1 bite!

If you're looking for a non-touristy establishment, you should try Bistro J.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Bistro J features a menu that chages daily. Food is good and the price is right. The only downfall is the noise.The acoustics of the room cause peoples voices to reverberate and can get noisy. If you are at a table larger than 4, I find it difficult to hear the others at my table.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We really enjoyed our first visit and we will return. They have a menu that changes daily, with 5 first course and 5 main course selections. The dessert list was limited You can pick two for $24.95 or three for $36.00.(approx), This is a real bargain in Bermuda. Everything we had was very fresh and very tasty. My tip: It's a really small place, so reservations are a must. Note, this is part of the same restaurant group that has Port of Call and Pearl and the same excellent quality, of you are familiar with them.

3  Thank nautitraveler
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Small restaurant tucked away in an ally. Inventive menus which change daily. I like that they like to change it up all the time. Their raspberry sorbet is sooooo good!

1  Thank akpowell