“yummy & gluten free”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2014

best to make reservation on weekends. had to wait almost an hour without one on a busy friday but thats understandable. service is okay to good depending on how busy they are (which is understandable) food is excellent, and good for gluten free people!

Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

I love island food...fresh seafood, mango salsas, simple sides, but after a few days if this, I really crave a little bit of spicy-ness and House of India fit the bill. I started with a sweet lassi. It was very good. They also have mango lassi. We ordered the very pricy but totally worth it lamb chops appetizer...very tender, great flavor. We also ordered chicken tikka masala, saag paneer, punjabi shrimp, tandoori roti and garlic naan. Rice was included. Everything was wonderful. We did not ask to "raise the heat" on any of the dishes but kind of wish we had. Although for the average diner it was probably just the right amount of heat. We liked this restaurant so much that we nearly went back our last day but the kids just wanted to stay somewhere at the hotel.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

I love this spot. The food is amazing. The staff is super friendly. The family size garlic naan is pretty much the best thing I've ever had in a restaurant. I moved away from Bermuda a few years ago, and just recently returned for a visit. The food was as good as I remembered it, and I have never found Indian food this good anywhere else.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

HOI is hands down the best Indian restaurant in Bermuda.

The naan bread is amazing and I've never had a dish there I didn't like (except for a few that were more heat than I could handle).

If it weren't for the fact that I'd gain 100 pounds I'd have eaten there (or got take away) every night of the week.

Oh and the servers are always super friendly.

I highly recommend House of India even if it can be a bit hard to find for a tourist. I recommend a quick taxi ride here to keep from getting lost, especially at night. The ONLY downside to HOI is the location.

1  Thank LennyandLori
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I return to Bermuda frequently and House of India was always something I looked forward to with my family. Something changed this visit. New chef? New owner? Food was not the same and honestly lacked the lovely flavors that I so enjoy every time I have visited in the past. Portions were smaller and the food was luke warm when it arrived (we were a large group of 9 but they should be used to serving larger groups).

I do understand there is a new Indian restaurant opening up in town and I, sadly, will not return to House of India but I will give the new restaurant a try when I am there next.

House of India, please prove me wrong and get back to what was working so well in the past ... delicious food on the off the beaten path!

2  Thank LifesAnAdventure216