“Cool Place to Grab a Bite”
Review of Hog Penny

Hog Penny
Reserve with OpenTable
Hog Penny is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 105 Restaurants in Hamilton
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“Cool Place to Grab a Bite”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

The Hog Penny is a cool pub with a fun atmosphere and good food. The menu is varied and has a lot of different options from regular pub food to curries and local fish dishes. I had curry and it was delicious. The servers were friendly and attentive but not overly so. I would definitely return here if I come back to Bermuda.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank BbqPeanut

Bermuda
“In Praise of Great Service”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

On January 28th, 2014, I had the pleasure of once again dining at The Hog Penny for lunch. I felt it was overdue for me to express my gratitude to this establishment for the ceaseless and endless great customer service I have received over the years.

Whether I have come for Lunch or Dinner with one, two or a party of people, I have never been disappointed. After talking with some of my friends, I found out that they also enjoy and keep enjoying every visit they have to the Hog Penny.

I have been eating here since I was a child and can say that many eateries go through management, staff and food changes but you all have stood the test of time and still treat a customer the way they should be treated. That is to be commended and applauded.

I have to highlight two of the Staff Members who have continuously given exemplary service:

1) Mrs. Joanna Wellman - I'm not sure if she is part of the furniture or not (LOL) but she sure knows how to take care of her guest and make them feel welcome and make them want to come again and again and again. I have eaten in restaurants all over the World and I rarely see this kind of genuine service and great attitude in the Industry. I have to say that even though food and mood play a big part in patron loyalty, her love-my-people attitude and smile is one reason why I love this place. I wish Mrs. Wellman all the best as she shines like a beacon as to what 'real' customer service is all about. It is an honor just to know this lady.

2) Stacey (not sure of her last name) - This lady is also a reason why I continue to visit 'the penny' to dine. One example was when I was part of a dinner party last year of eleven people. When you have that amount of people you know that requests for this or that can continue all night long. Stacey never missed a beat, never stopped smiling and kept the service standard high. Everyone dining and I were impressed and felt special at the end of that evening.

Thank you once again for your years of 'getting it right' and treating customers with outstanding stellar service and great food. I look forward to my visits in 2014.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Ottojr
St. George, Bermuda
“Restaurant Week”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Went for dinner with a friend to check out their Restaurant week specials. Nice selection and Manager gave helpful hints. Food was excellent. Service was good and atmosphere too. Well worth a visit.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Di S
Rutherford, New Jersey
“Great Bermuda Pub”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

The food here is pub food but very good. One of my favorite Bermuda pubs. Would definitely recommend.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank BillDH87
Moncton
“Pricey, but delicious”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

One of my favourite meals while in Bermuda! Conveniently located on a side street near the harbour, this place was packed when we went, so we had to wait. The menu is mostly traditional British pub food, but it was very authentic, and very well done! We greatly enjoyed our meal. A little pricey, but worth it in the end. We would return for sure!

• Visited February 2013