“Outstanding”
Review of Hog Penny

Hog Penny
Reserve with OpenTable
Hog Penny is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 104 Restaurants in Hamilton
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
New York City
“Outstanding”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Bermuda is not particularly a gourmet destination, but Hog Penny, in the heart of Hamilton, stands out for excellent food, warm, friendly service, pleasant surroundings, and prices in line with much lesser island venues. I can especially recommend the fish soup (always say yes to the shots of rum and spice) and the prime rib.

2 Thank roymogi

“Friendly Pub, great food”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Just returned from a cruise to Bermuda, stopped at the Hog Penny Pub on a recommendation. Had some apps and a steak sandwich - all were delicious! My sister had the seafood soup & loved it, I had the goat cheese appetizer which was hot and served with bread - to die for!!! The bartender as well as a few locals that were seated at the bar were very friendly. Can't wait to return!

• Visited October 2013
Philadelphia, PA
“Disappointed”
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Our meal was average at best. I had hoped for a restaurant with atmosphere, but this was nothing special. Food was ok and rum swizzles were good, but weak. This restaurant has gotten some great reviews, and I expected more.

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Good comfort food”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This was the first restaurant we ate at while in Bermuda. We enjoyed the beer options and the mixed drinks. The food was really quite good. The fish chowder was excellent, and I had the pot roast for my main. The guy next to me had the fish and chips, which looked amazing too. My dessert was the salted caramel crème brulee, which was really delicious and made the evening perfect. We should have eaten here a second time instead of wasting time at Muse down the road.

• Visited October 2013
Gilroy
“nothing special”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

was the first restaurant we went to on our arrival to Bermuda. Service was so-so, their Rum Swizzle was barely drinkable, food was good but nothing that stood out. Much better options in this city