“Great food and terrific service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hog Penny

Hog Penny
Reserve with OpenTable
Hog Penny is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 100 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Newburyport, Massachusetts
“Great food and terrific service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

Went here for dinner after being turned away from sister restaurant Barracuda Grill because we did not have reservation. I thought it would be just ok but was pleasantly surprised that it was excellent. What made it excellent vs. very good was our wait person Stacy. She was terrific! I asked her for suggestions and let her pick my dinner, dessert and lunch the next day. She did not steer me wrong. My hubby loved the spices on his salmon. I had lamb stew and then the lamb burger(really good) for lunch next day. Don't miss the Banoffee pie-2spoons to share. Just delish!

1 Thank lisac1962

Richmond, VA
“Yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

We went here for a wedding rehearsal dinner! We had the best food and service the whole week! I had the fish and chips and my friend had pot roast!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Haunjl
Victoria British Columbia Canada
“2012 visit found food disappointing. wine overpriced!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

This is a good pub for information on what to do and where to go as there are ex-pats and locals who frequent the bar...sit at the bar and have a snack and a pint and partiicpate in good local conversation..good for a solo visitor (at the bar) Burger was very good but soop and other snacks only Fair..seems the food has lost its volume and flair that made it delicious..Perhaps outsourced? Disappointing experience food and value wise as have been a loyal customer yearly since 1962! Hope they can get their Bermuda Good Food, Good Drinks back soon.

Visited October 2012
Holmdel, New Jersey
“Pub-arific”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Hog Penny is my favorite restaurant to eat at when I travel to Bermuda. I eat there at least twice every visit. The food is traditional English bar food and is delicious. I highly recommend this "hidden" gem. It is up a street so it may not be the first thing you see if you walking around.

Visited October 2012
Brooklyn, New York
“EXCELLENT FOOD AND SERVICE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

We dined at the Hog penny because we were dinignat high end restaurants the first 3 nights and needed a casual break. The food was excellent. Great Pub food, nice ambiance and service. Our waiter had a sense of humor but he never laughed, he said everything seriously. We found the prices to be very reasonable. It hit the spot and it was exactly what we were looking for in downtown Hamilton.

Visited September 2012