“Italian?” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Trattoria

La Trattoria
Ranked #8 of 100 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The most enduring and popular family restaurant on Bermuda. Bermudians and visitors flock to eat the delicious pizzas from the island's only wood burning pizza oven. A haven for young professionals on a budget, for groups seeking a fun and lively evening out this restaurant is often packed with people who love the familiarity of old Italian favourites, not just pizza and pasta but veal, fish. And if you cannot eat in, take-out is always an option.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Italian?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2011

We went here based on reviews on trip advisor but were disappointed to say the least.
The garlic bread starter could have been made by a child. Thin bread with a small covering of garlic butter.
My ravioli was tasteless but my wife did enjoy her chicken pasta dish.
Overall huge disappointment we would not recommend this restaurant there are far better in Bermuda

Lutherville, Maryland
“Pleasantly surprised!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2011

Before our arrival on the island we had not heard about this establishment. While shopping one day in Hamilton, we had met a gentleman by the name Andrea in one of the stores and he was very helpful in giving us some directions. Well he told us about where he worked and an hour later there we were at the LaTrattoria!!
My girlfriend had the pizza which was "excellent" and I had the Fish Chowder and a pasta dish in which I can't recall the name. I can tell you that my girlfriend and I are in our 50's, well traveled, and the service in which we received on this particular occasion was some of the best service "WE HAVE EVER RECEIVED ANYWHERE"!!!
So if you're looking for a moderately priced alternative in Bermuda, check it out!!

2 Thank Livetovacation60
Marmora, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a great Italian restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2011

What a great Italian restaurant! If you can't go to Italy to enjoy the true experience of fine Italian dining then I would suggest you try La Trattoria in Hamilton. During our recent Bermuda vacation my family and I had dinner there and loved it. To begin with we were an hour late for our reservation so we were afraid that we wouldn't be seated for a while. But, "No problem" said our host. Within a few minutes he had a table ready for us and the first thing we noticed was the lively and cheerful atmosphere of the place. It changed our stressed mood from running late to one of relaxation. Our young waiter Andrea was from Italy and he couldn't do enough for us. Everything we asked of him was brought to our table within seconds. Plus I enjoyed talking to him in my broken Italian. My wife had the Waldorf Salad Pizza and she's still raving about it. I had a regular pizza and I loved it. There were no slices left to take back with us when we were done. My son cleaned his ravioli/meatball plate clean and my daughter enjoyed her Insalata Trattoria. Finally, the end of our meal was spent with a few light moments with Andrea obligingly taking pictures of us at our table. Naturally we had to include him in some of the photos. I highly recommend La Trattoria to anyone who is vacationing in Bermuda. I know we're definitely stopping back during our next trip there. And make sure you request Andrea to be your waiter.

1 Thank al_demichele
Wareham, United Kingdom
“relaxed and reliable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2011

We lived on Bermuda a long while ago and the Tratt was always a favourite for a relaxed supper out with friends or family. We visited again for old times' sake and had a lovely evening. My pizza with rocket and parma ham was fantastic and we shared a Ceasar salad - always a favourite. My husband had calamari which were as good as ever. I was only sad to see that my old favourite of Tagliatelli with bacon and cream was no longer on the menu. A great little place still, and we even bumped into old friends - local Bermudians who find it the perfect spot for an informal supper with friends.

Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Italian??? Really???”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2011

At first we went in and the people were friendlier than normal and the service was a little better than what you would expect from a Bermudian restaurant. The wine was also very good, I had a Chianti which had a wonderful flavor and body and was very delicious. I cannot speak for the rest of the guests at my table but if you're looking for authentic Italian cuisine, this isn't it! I am from America, and I know this may make me a little spoiled when it comes to food but you would expect that a well rated restaurant would at least be able to make their food taste similar to how Italian dishes are supposed to taste. I can give a little leeway for creativity but creativity should not equal dry and ill prepared dishes. I ordered the Manicotti, and I will admit, it was decent.....except for the very dry meat that was inside. I was wondering if the chef had ever heard of marinating meat BEFORE drenching it in in cheese and marinara sauce. For dessert, my husband and I ordered a cannoli.....I'm sorry, but the dull dry pastry and the ORANGE CREAM filling were NOTHING like a true cannoli. It had to be the WORST cannoli I had EVER tasted. And perhaps this was speaking out of turn but when we mentioned that the cannoli was so horrible to one of the managers the immediate response was 'do you realize someone had to work to make this?' There was no apology for the poor quality of the desert and his tone was downright rude and dripping with attitude. Really??? Someone had to work to mess up a cannoli that badly?? They must not have worked that hard. And if that's the quality of dessert that he's 'working' to produce then he needs to find a new line of work. It's one of the simplest Italian desserts you could ever get and your chef messed it up that horribly??? A cannoli shell is supposed to be simple and light and crispy which mirrors beautifully with the somewhat tart, sweet, starchy, almost cream cheese-like filling which sometimes has chocolate chips inside. Not bland, stale puff pastry (which wasn't puffy) filled with ORANGE CREAMSICLE!!! It should melt in your mouth, not leave you gagging. THE WORST CANNOLI EVER! And we would have been willing to let that go if not for the more than poor attitude from the person whom we asked to take the horrible dish away. Please forgive me if this is one of your favorite restaurants, but from what I have learned about Bermuda, this type of thing is normal... meats that are bland, dry and flavorless, desserts that don't resemble anything like what they are called and service that is snooty and stuck up. If all of you think this food and service is good then you should come State side sometime and find out what good food and service are all about. Go to Baltimore, Maryland to a TRUE Italian restaurant called Della Note and find out what real Manicotti and Cannoli are SUPPOSED to taste like. The dishes will cost perhaps the same if not a little less and you will be waited on as if you were family. Get service that is actually GOOD as opposed to slightly standoffish and rude. I think it is sad that Bermudians are used to paying as much as $20 a plate for bland flavorless dinners and $8-10 dollars a plate for dry horrible desserts. When we asked people who live here about these inconsistencies we were told 'That's just how it is, we never order anything but fish and never order desserts when we eat out.' Food and service that is this poor should not be commonplace on such a beautiful, and expensive, island.

• Visited April 2011