“Okay for a little lunch”

Wahoo's Waterside Bistro & Patio
Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in St. George
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Website

Family told us to go here to try the famous award-winning Bermuda fish chowder. We think ours was from the day before; there were chewy items in the soup and it tasted more beefy than fishy. It was quite dark compared to the others we've had. The wiener schnitzel sandwich was tasty and we rounded off lunch with some salads. People nearby were getting their gelatos and sorbettos from the station at the front of the bistro. Looked good and refreshing!

Our server was fantastic as is the view. It's a bit warm at the restaurant whether you are on the patio, covered area, or on the deck.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,044)

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Sat on the deck, waterside overlooking St George's waterfront. My companions, native Bermudeans, consider this the best place in St George's. We had lunch - I had the grilled rockfish with blackeyed peas and rice and fried plantains, they had wahoo burgers, all delicious. Good service, very pleasant atmosphere. Good value for Bermuda where meals out are expensive.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Yet again a pleasureable experience. The Wahoo burger is definitely very good A little on the expensive side. Location is good. Service was excellent.

1  Thank Di S
Reviewed August 1, 2013

A great little restaurant, on the water with outside seating, hidden down a cobblestone street just off the town square in St George, Bermuda. We went there on the recommendation of our bus tour guide, when we asked for a local restaurant with Bermudian cuisine. An excellent recommendation. My wife and I shared an order of fish and chips, the fish being fresh caught that morning, Turbot fish. The fish was very fresh and mild, not fishy tasting at all, and the breading was light and very good as well. I had a bowl, just larger than a cup-size, of their seafood chowder, which was the best I had while in Bermuda, and I had fish chowder at two other restaurants. On the table were separate bottles of Sherry Pepper Sauce and Rum Pepper Sauce, for use on fish, in soups and chowders, and other dishes. The sauces were both excellent. The other two restaurants where I had fish chowder had a mixture of the sherry and rum pepper sauces, which was also good. The staff at Wahoo were very cordial and prompt, but I would recommend getting there early. I think they open about 11:30 a.m. As the lunch hour continues, the restaurant gets very busy and full of customers. If you go there on a bus tour, and get to the restaurant about the time it opens, or at least before about 12:30 pm, you would have plenty of time to eat a relaxing meal. Most tour buses give you an hour in St George to have lunch, even if it is after the re-enactment at the town square, which is entertaining. If you drive or take the ferry, you wouldn't be rushed anyway. Try Wahoo, a locally owned Bermudian restaurant with local cuisine. You won't be sorry you did, the food is delicious.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Local fish prepared very good! The atmosphere was laid back. The staff was extremely friendly and offered great lunch suggestions!

1  Thank Lisa A