“Excellent fish sandwich”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Winchester, Virginia
“Excellent fish sandwich”
Reviewed June 22, 2011

My husband and spent a week in Bermuda and went to St. Georges for a day trip. We just stumbled upon this restaurant and we're so glad we did! My husband had soup and a side of peas & rice. I had the fish cake sandwich with peas & rice. Our food was excellent! And they make a good rum swizzle, too. And you can sit outside on the deck overlooking the water -- very nice! I wish it hadn't been so far away from where we were staying -- we would have gone back for more.

• Visited June 2011

• Polish first
CT,USA
“Just ok. Expected more.”
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Stopped here on a recent trip. Wanted to enjoy some local seafood. My dish - the fishcake - was just ok. Really dry. The waitstaff was very inattentive. Borderline rude. Prices were extremely expensive. We joked that we could have spent half the amount at the snack bar at Tobacco Bay and been just as happy.

Guilford, CT
“Not Going Again”
Reviewed May 13, 2011

Waited 20 minutes and then asked for our Bermuda Chower before we got it. Waited a total of 55 minutes before we got our meal. Lunch. Drinks were small. Fried food was overcooked and dried out.

• Visited May 2011
Guernsey, United Kingdom
“Good for local fish”
Reviewed April 21, 2011

This is a fish place. Go for local fish - wahoo, rockfish, tuna. I make no guarantee about imported fish or anything else. But if you have fresh local fish (especially the fish special of the day) it will be very good. I haven't tried the new Carriage House restaurant, but this is in my opinion the best restaurant in St. George and one of the first places I bring guests to the island.
It's about the same price as other fish places in Bermuda.

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank Quebermuda
New York City, New York
“Great food, average prices, nice waterfront view from the dockside patio, too!”
Reviewed April 7, 2011

We ate here twice (once for lunch and then we went back for dinner) during our recent stay. We wanted a place that wasn't too stuffy and that felt authentic. The Bermuda Lobster (which is generally in season only during months that contain the letter "R" (except, I think, April) was amazing. The fish chowder and the conch fritters were really exceptionally yummy. Nice staff, chef and owner, too!

Visited March 2011