“Love their perfume”

and up
Perfume Studio Workshop at The Bermuda Perfumery
Ranked #1 of 6 Shopping in St. George
More attraction details
Owner description: The Bermuda Perfumery welcomes visitors to tour our operations and to sample our exclusive perfumes. Perfume workshops are available in the winter time in which you can make your own perfume. Sweet P serves Afternoon HighTea every Wednesday and Saturday from 1pm to 4pm. We are open Monday to Saturday from 9am to 5pm (summer) and 10am to 4pm (winter).
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

Popped over to St George's specifically to get a new perfume (I already own the passion flower) as it was only a quick hop on the bus from the hotel. Tried a couple and found my new bottle, Paradise. Only the thing that got me miffed was that I could have got the same bottle at the airport for $5 less. On a separate note, if you take your empty bottle back they will give you $10 off your next purchase. Love love love the perfume.

1  Thank Joby_lake

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Never knew there was an Afternoon Tea, so no comment on that. Don't actually like any perfumes (make me sneeze), but the lotions are subtle and well presented. Staff helpful and detailed why some products were not available and being reformulated for US reasons.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Overall
- Note this review is for the afternoon tea only as I didn't see a separate review section for this separately
- I have been to at least 20-30 afternoon tea experiences around the world including in Bermuda and this is my 2nd worst experience ever, not for the service which was so-so, but for the poor quality of what you get.
- Would DEFINITELY not recommend, even for new afternoon tea people who might not yet know the difference
- Usually, at afternoon tea, which is supposed to be an unspoken buffet, you walk out stuffed, and sometimes unable to eat for the rest of the day. I went home directly after and ate a real meal
- The single server said she was a pastry chef, which makes things even worse when you judge the quality and lack of freshness. One couldn't tell if she baked the pastries.

The OK
- Unfortunately, none and honestly, we should have known when we walked in and saw the extremely limited space they set out for afternoon tea, which is really a joke at the Perfumery
- The only gleaming aspect is that the server was generally nice, but she didn't mention they only accepted cash until the bill arrived

The Unfortunate
- The server/hostess came back a couple of times to refill the hot water, not the tea, and both times, the water wasn't hot enough, nor did she ask us at any point how things were
- There was another table being served about 5 minutes before us and she asked if she should repeat herself when she was supposed to give her spiel on the types of tea and on what was on each tray. I thought this was very unprofessional as we as customers are not supposed to have to listen to other tables' conversations to know details about the service nor meal, and it should have been obvious that we couldn't see what she was pointing at on the tray. Also with only 3 or 4 very small tables in the room, honestly, how many times did she really have to do the spiel, given they only do afternoon tea twice a week?
- Our table was nothing more than cheap wooden lawn furniture that was uncomfortable, even for the half hour we were there. Folding clunky chairs and a folding table that was far too small.

Details on the meal itself
- There were only 4 choices of tea, and we tried the green tea and the Tower of London. A third is earl grey and I can't remember the fourth. The Tower of London is a black tea that is supposed to have hints of honey and vanilla. The honey is non-existent while the vanilla is overpowering. In short, it's strong-vanilla flavoured hot water with a hint of weak tea. As for the green tea, I was hoping for something that would get stronger as you left the little tea bag filled with leaves in there for an extended amount of time. This was not the case. I left the bag in there for the whole experience and it never got more than mild.
- To the tray...on the bottom were sandwiches. None of them were traditional of afternoon tea, and not in a good way either. One was tuna on stale hard wheat bread, another was walnut with apple slices that was ok, and another was egg on stale bread which was so dry, I had to keep smearing butter all over it to keep myself from dry mouth
- On the second and third were various pastries, ranging from obviously day-old eclairs to a heavy fruit-based selection. There was a fluffy chocolate cake with icing that tasted like Betty Crocker, a teeny kiwi tart that was smaller than my thumb (imagine a US or Bermudian quarter), and an orange flavoured yellow cake, that was ok, amongst other items that I can't remember
- There was no clotted cream, cucumber sandwiches, or any remotely resembling afternoon tea, except for a three-tiered tray and poor quality substitutes.
- The price, considering it's Bermuda, wasn't that bad at $28 per person plus the $6 automatic gratuity that is put on, but it's poor value for money and I would never subject anyone to this.
- It is quite a shame because they really could do SO much more to improve it and provide better quality, but stale sandwiches, stale and day-old pastries, cheap furniture does not a successful place that is supposed to be quaint make!
- Finally, I couldn't find any details on afternoon tea on their website (including their entire sitemap) and used nothingtodoinbermuda.com instead
- As I mentioned earlier, this is only a review of the afternoon tea so I can't opine on the rest of the perfumery

6  Thank Carol8131111
Isabelle R, Owner at The Bermuda Perfumery, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Carolin, we regret you did not have an enjoyable experience at our afternoon tea service. Our partners at Sweet P have been providing this service at our Perfumery for the past two years and this review is the first we've seen not gushing with compliments. That notwithstanding I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this further with you to get a better understanding of your experience and then I will confer with Sweet P. We want 100% of our Perfumery guests to leave with the most wonderful memories. Please contact me personally at isabelle@lilibermuda.com.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Reading these reviews, I'm really bummed we missed the afternoon tea service! I guess we'll have to do it next time.

I did enjoy our trip to the Perfumery, I was hoping to buy a Bermuda perfume as a souvenir of our honeymoon, and was pleased with the quality and selection there. I now have a great reminder of our honeymoon every time I wear it!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Spent the afternoon at the Bermuda Perfumery in St George, Bermuda. Had the afternoon tea at the property which was put on by Sweet P. Delicious sandwiches, scones and cakes along with an endless cup of quality tea. What a lovely way to spend the afternoon in the beautiful historic Stuart Hall building which is a perfect example of an old Bermuda home. Also purchased a few of the fantastic fragrances from the Lili Bermuda line.

1  Thank Eyelashenvy