“Nice place but poor service”

White Horse Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 23 Restaurants in St. George
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We only called in for a drink but having seated ourselves due to a complete lack of interest from the staff we had to go in search of someone to take our order.

Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I really enjoyed this restaurant! At our visit, there were a few selections unavailable due to an unexpected very busy weekend, but our waiter had some very good alternative recommendations for us. The food was excellent! It wasn't very busy and we got to eat outside next to the water and there was another couple seated far away from us so we all could have our privacy. They were very thoughtful with that. The prices were very reasonable. Will eat here again!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Great waterfront restaurant/bar in St George. Don't both to wait for outside table. Views from inside okay too. Menu extensive and great quality. Good for kids.

Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

The best bartender on planet Earth, hands down. We are in St. Georges, Bermuda a couple times a year sailing north or south. The White Horse is a sailors TRADITION! It is bad luck to arrive from the sea and NOT have your first libation ashore at the White Horse. It is a shame it has become a 'toy' for a rich guy with no brains for a pub, though. The staff, the legend, the tradition of the place...they deserve more, but guys like us don't give a hoot about a faceless owner; great staff more than make up for anything lacking. The beer is cold, the Rockfish is the best on-island(s), the Bermuda Fish Chowder never disappoints, and I learn something new about bartending from the best bartender in the world, Walter, each time I belly up. White Horse, the crew of S/Y Surprise salute you! Cptn. Mike, Rob-i, Kenny, Mikey B.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

it is sad to see this old pub only half full and the service going down. We have been coming for years and always look forward to it. And while the food was great, the service was slow and unfriendly, and I was disappointed. I had taken a group of friends there because I have always loved it, and we were all disappointed in the lackluster service. I will try it again, because I love the location and the food, but I hope it improves.