“Romantic, delicious!”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
“Romantic, delicious!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I really enjoyed this restaurant! At our visit, there were a few selections unavailable due to an unexpected very busy weekend, but our waiter had some very good alternative recommendations for us. The food was excellent! It wasn't very busy and we got to eat outside next to the water and there was another couple seated far away from us so we all could have our privacy. They were very thoughtful with that. The prices were very reasonable. Will eat here again!

• Visited September 2012

Sidcup, United Kingdom
“Great waterside lunch in St George”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Great waterfront restaurant/bar in St George. Don't both to wait for outside table. Views from inside okay too. Menu extensive and great quality. Good for kids.

• Visited April 2013
“Walter!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

The best bartender on planet Earth, hands down. We are in St. Georges, Bermuda a couple times a year sailing north or south. The White Horse is a sailors TRADITION! It is bad luck to arrive from the sea and NOT have your first libation ashore at the White Horse. It is a shame it has become a 'toy' for a rich guy with no brains for a pub, though. The staff, the legend, the tradition of the place...they deserve more, but guys like us don't give a hoot about a faceless owner; great staff more than make up for anything lacking. The beer is cold, the Rockfish is the best on-island(s), the Bermuda Fish Chowder never disappoints, and I learn something new about bartending from the best bartender in the world, Walter, each time I belly up. White Horse, the crew of S/Y Surprise salute you! Cptn. Mike, Rob-i, Kenny, Mikey B.

• Visited April 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not what it used to be”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

it is sad to see this old pub only half full and the service going down. We have been coming for years and always look forward to it. And while the food was great, the service was slow and unfriendly, and I was disappointed. I had taken a group of friends there because I have always loved it, and we were all disappointed in the lackluster service. I will try it again, because I love the location and the food, but I hope it improves.

Visited June 2013
massachusetts
“Enjoyable dining experience”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My 12 yr old daughter and I had dinner here while staying in St. Georges. Lovely deck to view the harbor. The waiter was kind to bring out bread while we were waiting for our food to throw to the fishes we had seen from the deck. This produced a feeding frenzy of all kinds of tropical fish. It was wonderful and fun. The food was good and plentiful. We enjoyed our visit.

• Visited July 2013