“Cold!!! but an excellent experience”
Review of Snorkel Bermuda

Snorkel Bermuda
Mount Royal, New Jersey
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Cold!!! but an excellent experience”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My fiance and I were traveling to Bermuda with Royal Caribbean and chose Sonny's snorkeling trip as one of our excursions. His boat was located pretty close to where our ship was docked and was not difficult to find (Just look for Audrey his dog). When we arrived at the boat we were the first ones there, so we had some extra time with Audrey. Very cute dog and does some tricks too. When everyone arrived, probably about 8 people including us, we set out for the shipwreck. This was unlike other snorkeling excursions I've been on since it was way out in the middle of the ocean and not close to the shore. On our way out, he told us about the history of the shipwreck and what we should lookout for. Since it is so far out that water was freezing cold and we were both shivering the whole time. It did just storm there a day before we arrived, so that could be the reason. Anyway, once you see all the beautiful fish and shipwreck you start to forget how cold you are. I think we snorkeled for about 45-60 minutes and then returned to the boat. Sonny was not out there with us showing us around. Once you get to the spot, you pretty much explore the area on your own and Sonny is there on the boat pointing you in the direction of the different attractions he mentioned. We went snorkeling a couple times before, but this experience was nice since it was something different being so far out in the ocean. I would definitely recommend Sonny to anyone looking for a great snorkeling experience that was reasonably priced.

2 Thank Joe O

Hershey, Pennsylvania
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Snorkel Bermuda was Awesome!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We met up with Sonny during our shore time in Bermuda and he worked with me via email to accommodate for our cruise ship times in port beforehand. It was very easy to work with him via email and then phone.
It was just four of us on his little boat, all of them in my group, which was surprising to me, but was exactly what I wanted in a snorkel trip. It was intimate and having Sonny and his boat all to ourselves was great. He always takes out small groups of people, no more than 10 I believe, but just my group made this even better for us!
He took us to two ship wrecks in about 30 feet of water and gave us a brief safety talk before telling us to enjoy ourselves. There was little supervision and we were not required to wear life vests; both were good improvements over other snorkel excursions I've been on because usually snorkel trips are designed for cruise ship people who are not strong swimmers and are only vaguely athletic. We were all hard core divers! Sonny definitely stressed being a good/strong swimmer before I even booked him though. Being able to dive and swim at my own, active, pace and not having to worry about bumping into weak swimmers was great.
I definitely recommend this and Sonny, but be warned that you must be a strong swimmer to truly enjoy snorkeling with Snorkel Bermuda.

Visited May 2013
New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great snorkeling experience”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Me, my wife, and two teen age daughters thoroughly enjoyed our Bermuda snorkeling experience with Sonny and his pal Audrey.
I cannot add anything more than the other reviews here except to confirm several items:
1. This adventure was much more enjoyable, intimate experience than the large ( I mean giant) snorkeling adventures offered by other providers. We shared the boat with only one other family.
2. Bring a SD memory card- Sonny's camera took great snorkeling pictures.
3. Bring your own drinks/snacks. This is an efficient operation.
4. Note we are all experienced snorkelers- but there should not be any issues for even novice snorkelers.
5. It does not hurt that the weather was perfect, seas calm, and water temperature just right.

6 Thank Travelfan11
Bailey's Bay
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Wow! The best snorkel trip we ever took!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Thank you, Sonny! Do you remember me? My fiance and I went out with you last summer from dockyard in Bermuda. You took us out to the reefs offshore and told us where to swim. Man. It was great! I have some friends coming on a cruise ship next year and I have already told them to check you out! I told them, "Don't be surprised if you find him hanging out at the Bonefish sometime!" ;) I will add a couple of pics from the trip below so that people can see how beautiful it was! Sonny even lent me an underwater camera so I could stick my SD card in and take it out when leaving!!! Thank you and I hope to be down there to do it with you again sometime!

6 Thank raypasnen
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Sonny's + Bermuda = Fantastic!”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Even though Sonny did not have enough folks for an outing on the last day of our vacation, he made an exception and took my wife and I out to the shipwrecks. Sonny was wonderful, polite, and efficient; we both felt safe while snorkeling. Sonny was full of stories that kept us entertained the whole trip. One of the more memorable experiences for us both!

Visited September 2012