“Great Dive Experience with JADS in April 2013”
Review of JADS Dive Center

JADS Dive Center
Ranked #1 of 15 things to do in San Nicolas
More attraction details
Owner description: By working in small groups this allows us the flexibility to adapt to our guests experience a/o needs. Most of our guests are boat diving from our 36' vessel conveniently docked behind the airport.We make scuba diving on your Aruba vacation convenient and enjoyable.Once you arrive at JADS you are more then a guest; you become family. On property: Bar & Grill, rinse area, washrooms...All experience levels are welcomed.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking, Activities for older children
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Dive Experience with JADS in April 2013”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My wife and I recently spent time diving with JADS. Sue and Enuardo ( sorry about the spelling) but both were fun loving, pleasant , enjoyable and very much on top of their game. Although my wife and I are AOW divers with world experience, I really haven't enjoyed diving in Aruba until I went with JADS. They understand the importance of safety, and do a fine job as guides pointing out subjects that might have been swum past. That's important for those of us who take video and photos and aren't familiar with where to look. JP The owner is very pleasant and helps with any questions you have. He was kind enough to get us in on the Antilla dive the night before when he had a last minute cancel. I don't think you'll be disappointed. They try harder! Bill J Chicago

1 Thank bjmjttaz

New York City, New York
“Great Diving Experience”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I truly enjoyed the JADS scuba diving experience. Sue and Annuard were professional, responsible, and passionate! We did two dives, and saw many amazing underwater creatures (including an octopus!). Can't wait to return to Aruba - undoubtably, I will be diving with this company again.

Visited May 2013
Vancouver, WA
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 124 helpful votes
“Rating would be higher if the dive op had remembered to pick me up”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I showed up at the designated meeting location more than 30 minutes early to make sure that I would catch the boat for the early morning dive. Knowing that "Island Time" can result in an operator not necessarily showing exactly when they say, I waited almost a half hour past the time I was supposed to be picked up and decided that I better call to make sure JADS was still coming to get me. No one answered the fist 2 times that I called. On the 3rd try, someone answered and told me that I was sent a message stating that the time had changed but they would be picking me up "real soon". After another half hour or so, a local person offered to call JADS on my behalf speaking the local language where he gave the dive operator representative an ear full about leaving me standing on the street corner so so long. Eventually the owner - JP - did pick me up and informed me that he simply forgot that he was supposed to pick me up and that he was sincerely sorry for his mistake. Keep in mind that I pre-paid and had limited time on-shore as I was only in port for part of the day. By now I had missed the boat of course so JP committed to getting me on the boat for the second morning dive then having me go out on a private dive after the other divers were off the boat. JP kept his word as I did go out with other divers on the second morning dive for them and then just myself, the dive master, and the boat captain went out for my private dive. We dove the wreck of the Jane C. which was OK as wreck dives go. Not great but not bad.
So, all in all, the dive operator - JADS - was pretty good once they actually picked me up and got me on the boat. They had plenty of cold, fresh water along with snacks to munch on at any time. The boat was nice and the captain and dive master were good as well. I tipped them on the high end when my diving was complete as it was not their fault for the pickup issue. JP was sincere and up front about his mistake and he kept his word about getting me out for the second morning dive and then the private dive a short while later.
As for the diving in Aruba - I will not waste my money going back. Cozumel and Roatan are much better if you are in the Caribbean but I will save my money and vacation time for more trips to the South Pacific.

Milton, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The very definition of excellent service”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I've done the Discover SCUBA course in a number of places (Samana(Dom.Rep.), Bonaire, St. Thomas (Coki Beach...twice) and now with JADS in Aruba. My friend Ron and I booked this privately while our respective wives took a tour of the island.

Right from being picked up dockside from the Caribbean Princess, we knew we were in good hands. Already in the van were a family from Boston, who were all experienced divers, and they spoke very highly of JADS. We dropped the family off at the boat that was to take them to their dive, and we carried on to their main facility.

After the introductory video and being asked some questions, our instructor, Sue, took us to a place called Rocky Beach.

Walking in to the water, Sue realized that Ron and I were indeed quite comfortable in the water. As soon as we could, Ron and I were checking that we remembered everything we'd been told. Sue had us practice rescue breathing (something I'd not done before on any other Discover SCUBA course). We swam on the surface out to the offshore reef, and then down we went.

It was as nice a day as we could wish for. The visibility was quite good, the water warm, the coral appeared to be healthy and the wildlife abundant. We met a Moray Eel who was sat serenely in a little hollow in the coral. We played with Christmas Tree worms and swam with some gorgeously coloured fish. Diving on a reef away from a beach definitely made a difference.

All too soon, our time was up and we drifted back to the place we'd first got wet.

Our instructor, Sue, was massively experienced and hugely knowledgeable about marine biology. As she drove us back to town, we learned a lot about Aruba and heard some great tales about some of her more, er, extreme dives!

We've been waffling about whether to get certified or not, as neither Ron nor I need another expensive hobby, but this visit to a good reef in Aruba has convinced me that this is something I need to do.

It also convinced us that we'd really like to come back and visit Aruba for 10 or 12 days...maybe in 2014. If we can swing it, we'll get our open water certification then.

Fortunately, our wives agreed that Aruba is an island well worth some further study!

Anyway, if you're looking for a Discover SCUBA course in Aruba, I cannot recommend JADS highly enough.

Keizer, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“100% Glad we chose to dive with JADS! Book with them now!”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

My husband and I dove with JADS April and May of 2013. There were so many dive companies to choose from but we bit the bullet and chose JADS. We are SOOO glad we did! We had such a great time our first dive that we went with them the next 2 days...we would have gone with them every day until our vacation was over if we wouldn't have made other plans. They picked us up at the hotel at EXACTLY the time they told us they would...every day they were never late. I loved that because it really showed their professionalism. They were also consistent every time with their pre dive briefing and it made me feel so comfortable, like I was with my big brother! I felt very safe and confident that they would be able to help me if anything were to go wrong. Since we dove with them several times, we were even able to keep our scuba gear on the boat. They rinsed all of it off with fresh water and had the tanks all set up with our BC's when we arrived the next day

We went to a variety of locations doing drift dives, wreck dives, etc and with every dive-master, they always pointed out the cool things they saw....eels, sting rays, lobster, huge parrotfish and even the tiniest little shrimps! The groups were small and when we did the popular Antilla, they split us up in two groups so there were not more than 6 people with a DM. All the DM's were certified PADI instructors which added to the comfort, confidence and relaxation of the dive. Needless to say, I would recommend them in a heartbeat. If I ever go back to Aruba, I will without hesitation choose JADS. I wish every company was as passionate, professional and fun as this group of people were. They truly highlighted our trip and I am so glad we had the opportunity to dive with them. It was truly a privilege. Thank you so much Sue, Rudolph, JP, Anwar and Eric!