“Discover Scuba Dives were Great.”
Review of JADS Dive Center

JADS Dive Center
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in San Nicolas
More attraction details
Owner description: By working in small groups this allows us the flexibility to adapt to our guests experience a/o needs. Most of our guests are boat diving from our 36' vessel conveniently docked behind the airport.We make scuba diving on your Aruba vacation convenient and enjoyable.Once you arrive at JADS you are more then a guest; you become family. On property: Bar & Grill, rinse area, washrooms...All experience levels are welcomed.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking, Activities for older children
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Discover Scuba Dives were Great.”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We did a 2 tank discover scuba dive the first day. The sites JADS use were great despite the usual Aruba winds and waves. Sue and Ernie were our instructors and were fantastic. Two days later, we did another beginner dive at the Antilla wreck. Again, all the dive masters on the boat were great and patient. Cant say enough good things about the entire JADS operation.

Montreal, Canada
“Best Experience of 2012!!!”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

My boyfriend and I were in Aruba last June, we decided to try scuba diving. It should have been scary, but it wasn't! Rudolph at JADS made 100% sure we were safe and comfortable the whole time. I had a blast and he made us laugh so much when we were back on the surface. I can't stress enough how important a great dive instructor is (especially for your first time). He's the best of the best! Thanks so much for everything, hope to see you again sometime!!

Visited June 2012
Norfolk, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Dive Operation”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I have been visiting Aruba since 2005... That first year, the first day I went diving I dove with Red Sail Sports. While I enjoyed my dives with RSS, I booked my second day of diving with JADS. I now dive exclusively with JADS each time I visit Aruba.

JP and his staff are extremely friendly, compentent, and treat their customers like family. I (personally) prefer diving on "smaller" dive boats (max number of divers is 8-10) where you do not feel cramped on the boat. JADS boat captain, Anwan, is one of the best boat captains I had the pleasure of diving with.

Additionally, JADS dive masters / instructors (Sue and Rudolph) are outstanding. Safety of their divers is their top concern. The dive masters / instructors know the dive sites very well (history and layout) and always find interesting marine life for you to see.

I usually book 10-14 dives with JADS each year when I visit. The prices JP sets are very competitive with the other dive operations in Aruba, however, the service cannot be beat.

I have been diving in many countries around the world, JADS is the best dive operation I have found.

Visited December 2012
4 Thank Krissy_Williams
ZILLAH
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“JADS Dive Center - Awesome Experience”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

After being on the island for a week and snorkeling different spots I decided to check into scuba diving. I had never gone diving before so I checked out the different dive shops in Aruba on Tripadvisor. JADS reviews were all excellent so I drove down to Baby Beach to check them out. After a few minutes of introductions I signed up for a 1/2 day Discover Scuba Diving adventure. What a great time. I had a one on one with Sue who was excellent. She was very safety conscientious and we proceeded only once she was confident of my abilities. We did two tank dives at two different locations. The time I spent with JADS left me wanting to get my certification. I wish I had a few more days on the island to accomplish that, but, I owe,I owe, so back to work I must go. After my trip with JADS I can't imagine even thinking of booking with someone else. I highly recommend them, and I hope I get the chance to do more business with them in the future.

Visited December 2012
Ontario, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Great service, professional operation”
Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

I was quite impressed with the instruction of Jads dive shop. We came down to aruba so that my boyfriend could finish his open water/referral dives. Our divemaster, Urny, was excellent; very patient, relaxed, reassuring and an excellent "critter finder" of the waters. They have small class sizes (ours was a class of 2) and they purposely keep it that way.

JP is very friendly and attentive, constantly checking to see how our experiences were. He was very prompt in responding to us when we booked it (which was last minute -- only 3 days before we arrived) and made his prices competitive. It was door to door service (from hotel to diveshop/dive site) and all the staff are very friendly.

The equipment is in good condition and everything is available to rent if needed.

I'm very happy with our experience with Jads.. It does not have the "volume" feel that other dive companies have as they usually try to book as many people as they can. We initially were looking at booking with Red Sail but they wouldn't let me participate with my boyfriend as I was already certified (i had a sense that it was because I was not paying for the instruction as well). Jads was accommodating and provided a very positive experience for both of us.

Would definitely return to do more diving with Jads!