Review Highlights

terrykawalec
Beach riding

Debbie D
Berwick, Maine

All reviews gold mine the owner private tour great ride experienced riders well taken care my daughter took pictures morning ride skill level horseback riding tour entire ride wear long pants memorable experience an hour and a half group ride rescue horses
Reviewed yesterday

Highlight of my trip to Aruba....early pickup at hotel, no one else was scheduled that morning, so I had a private tour at the group rate wth my handsome guide from Venezuela...Daniel.
Clean operation that started out as a rescue...has a tiny chapel, bathroom for use equipped with a shower in case you want to ride and then get cleaned up!!!

1  Thank terrykawalec
Reviewed yesterday

So much fun, definitely must make this part of your trip! Be prepared to have a great time enjoying a leisurely ride on a beautiful beach.

1  Thank Debbie D
Reviewed 3 days ago

The company provided free pickup from our hotel and were right on time. We stopped at a couple other hotels to pick up some other couples before heading out to the ranch.

After about a 10 minute lecture about how to ride and some basic safety tips, we were off on the horses. We headed directly down to the nearest beach and went up the northern coast of the island, stopping a few times for pictures. There was also a guy who took our pictures at the beginning of the trip which we had the option of buying in frames when we go back, which seemed kind of pointless since we got so many free photos. The guides were fun and very welcoming. They made sure no one got left behind and helped with ordering the line of horses so you could ride next to your significant other. After we stopped at the last photo place we headed inland up a nice overlook. The horses had some difficulty navigating the rocky terrain, but it was ok as long as you listened to the guides and leaned forward or back. On the way back to the ranch, we stayed on trails that went through the cactus fields and since it was rainy season some of the horses didn't like going through the water. In general, all of the horses were well behaved and knew what to do without needing you to tell it. They would jog lightly if they needed to catchup, etc. The duration of the trip was about perfect, by the time we got back I was ready to get off the horse. But if it was any shorter I may have not felt like the value for the trip was right.

The horseback riding covered much of the same territory shared with other excursions, so we saw people out on ATVs, UTVs, and jeeps. If you plan on doing those excursions too, there will be some overlap in the sites you see. I would say the horseback riding one is the most laid back trip, but obviously you don't cover as much ground as those other options.

All in all this was a fun, relaxing excursion. The only disappointments I had were that we couldn't carry our own water and we couldn't wear hats. So if you are bald or don't like wearing sunscreen, you may want to find an alternative adventure as there isn't much shade while riding on the horse.

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

It has always been on my wish list: horseback riding on a beach. Johnny, Daniel and Ashleigh were an amazing group of talented, informative and attentive tour guides!! They took us to several spots for ideal photo opportunities. The horses were well kept and well trained. The horses stayed on the trail and at times got up to a gallop and canter. Loved that it took us about 15 minutes to get to the beach since this ranch is the closest in proximity.

Reviewed 5 days ago

My wife and I have been wanting to go horseback riding on a beach for a long time. The Gold Mine Ranch was exactly what we were dreaming of!! The staff, including Johnny, Daniel and Ashleigh, were extremely informative, friendly and attentive!!! The horses were well kept and well trained. Parts of the tour included walking along trails as well as the beach. At some points the horses took us on a nice gentle gallop. The tour guides also stopped at a couple of places for ideal photo opportunities. We would highly recommend this tour for the next time you're in Aruba!!!

1  Thank John H
Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

So much fun! Tour guide friendly and knowledgable! A must do when in Aruba! Would recommend a small snack when ride is completed along with the complimentary water!

1  Thank smymey
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

My friend and I have ridden in Aruba before but this was our first time at GMR. The staff was very thorough with safety instructions and the horses were lively but very safe. We were at the beach shore in no time as this ranch is the closest to the shoreline as well as the hotels. This was by far the best riding experience we’ve had in Aruba. Would highly rector beginners and experienced equestrians.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Such a relaxing experience :) We went in the morning and we were on the beach in no time, our guide stopped in scenic backgrounds to our photos with our phone, so friendly and made us feel comfortable the whole ride. We rode along the coastline and on the way back went through the desert with spectacular views. The dogs from the ranch followed us the whole way, it was amazing and most importantly the horses are well taken care <3

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This was a fabulous activity! We were picked up ON TIME at our hotel and then it was a short 15minute ride to the ranch where we all received some training on how to handle the horses. After this we were individually escorted to our horses, helped with mounting and then fitted for our stirrups. Then the ride began. We were led by Candee in front and Daniel took up the rear; both guides made sure we were comfortable and were ready to answer questions and address our needs. This was more than just a trail ride. We went to the beach and rode along the shore, went up and down hills, and even rode through a brief rain shower. My partner and I are just beginners but we felt both very safe and like we knew what we were doing. We stopped twice for picture taking. Also, framed photographs of each of us on our mounts were available after the ride for a small fee.

I would highly recommend this activity!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

After looking at all of the options on the island, I chose Gold Mine for our horseback riding adventure. I am so glad I did. We chose to take a private tour just so we weren't in a large group with strangers. It was perfect. We were able to go different places and ride harder since there were just 2 of us. The transportation to and from the ranch are great, clean and air conditioned. The man in charge, Johnny, is welcoming and wonderful. His guides are kind and can easily make everyone feel comfortable regardless of prior experience. Our guide was Daniel and he was perfect. He was funny, nice and very informative about the island and the horses. I would strongly recommend Gold Mine to anyone heading to Aruba!