“Love this place”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Lakeshore, Canada
“Love this place”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We went here in Feb/12 and again in Feb/13. Yes, it is the only place to sit and eat at Arikok, but it is worth stopping in. The food choices are are local fare and north american fare. I can confirm the burgers, hot dogs and fries are top notch. Even top notchier are the ice cold beers on a hot day at the park. This place is a great little oasis in the huge national park. The view of the landscape and the ocean is awesome. All the seating is outside in the shade or at the bar. It seems all the Jeep tours and ATV tours stop in for a drink. Service for us has been great....always friendly and fast. It's family owned and operated. I didn't find it pricey at all. 4 of us for $80 and we all had a meal and 2 Corona's each. The geckos will come pretty close and you can feed them out of your hand. Pretty cool.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank GWing51

Columbia, MD
“Food good, atmosphere amazing”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

To start, this is a restaurant/bar in a national park....your not going to drive through the park just for the food. However, the food was fine, oddly, the french fries were really really good(fresh cut). Virgin smoothies for 6.50 and daquaries for 7,50 (american) is a pretty good price considering they have a monopoly. The best part was the view. Waves showering the cliffs, a natural spring behind the bar and a all so cool breeze the entire time. If you have just been walking the park, its EXACTly what you need. My kids(13,10,7) loved it.

PLEASE NOTE: We were told AFTER our meal that if you eat there you don't have to pay the park entrance fee. Just tell the guard you are eating at Boca Prins.

• Visited February 2013
Decatur, Georgia
“2 Menu Prices”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

This is the only restaurant in the park and they are complaisant! The service was slow, the food was so so and the pricing deceptive. We gave her $40. and got back only $3. We were shortchanged by 14 dollars!!! When I called over the person in charge we were given the rest of our change. WITH NO APOLOGY! I asked her why and she said that we had the wrong menu. "There are 2 menus: 1 for locals and 1 for tourists." I was awestruck and she said, quite rudely, "What's wrong with you? I gave you your money."
Please, bring your own sandwich when you come to the park! ( look at my other reviews; I normally only give 5 stars and rave reviews because I prefer to forget the rip off places. But I was really surprised by the attitude.)

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank Berne
Seattle, Washington
“Not Worth It!”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

This was probably the worst meal we had in Aruba. It's the only place to eat in the park so you don't really have a choice unless you bring a picnic. I'd def recommend the later. The service was very slow we waited over 45 minutes to get our food which was just a burger and a fish sandwich so nothing complicated. There was hardly and fish on my sandwich and the bread was cheap and pretty gross. The burger was also of low quality meat and the bacon on it was tough and undercooked. The fries were pretty good. If you go I'd just recommend getting some fries and a drink since the food was not worth the price.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank asim11
Corona
“Good food with a view”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

If you make it to Arikok National Park make sure you have lunch at Boca Prins Bar. It was a great way to end our day after swimming in the hidden mineral springs behind this place and exploring the Fontein Caves. We got to see bats and lots of other animals on our day trip. Say hello to the staff Rose, Ubi, Javier and Heoncita. Thanks for adding to our memories. Try the shrimp cocktail and the red snapper. Full bar.

• Visited September 2012