“Spring in the Carribean”
Review of Palm - Eagle Beach

Sponsored by:
Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Sponsored by:
NH
31 helpful votes
“Spring in the Carribean”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Aruba, being in the southern carribean, has very relialble beach weather in late March and April. It is a great sunny vacation to jumpstart spring after a snowy winter in the Northeast.
That turquoise water and lovely beach means a relaxing week with a couple of good books and nice raft floating.
In the Palm Beach area you can enjoy a nice stroll to a wide choice of happy hours and restaurants. No need for a car or all inclusive plans. And we enjoy the people and watercraft watching more than the less busy but still pretty Arashi Beach.
The only troublesome thing is the unleashed dogs in the neighborhoods with home rentals, and ability to get a palapa if not at a Palm Beach hotel. Umbrella rentals are there for $25/day at Moomba Beach Bar.

Chicagoland, Illinois
1 helpful vote
“Outstanding in Aruba”
Reviewed February 14, 2011

We stayed at a condo on Eagle Beach Jan 15-22. Great location and excellent beach. Same problem as all other islands- getting a shady hut on the beach or at the pool. The condo rules say you can't reserve them, but people continue to do it and no one there to enforce it. People hang bags or place towels on the chairs and don't show up for hours. Not fair, but what is the solution?
The bus stopped right outside on the service road and we rode to the "hi-rise" area to see what was there, have a drink, and watch a sunset. VERY CROWDED. If you like some space, this is not for you. Also rode the bus into town one afternoon. Very convenient.
Dinners on the beach seem to be the newest fad. Saw them at several places. Our "splurge" dinner was at the Screaming Eagle where you can have dinner in bed. We didn't do it, but it did look interesting. The chef wasn't satisfied with one of the ingredients of an entree we ordered, and sent the waitress to have us select a substitute. Wow! that's never happened to us before.
Food and presentation excellent.
The best of the trip was at the end. You can clear US customs at the airport in Aruba and not have to wait in the lines which (at O'Hare) seem to get longer every time we travel. Get off the plane, collect your luggage, and leave.
This was our first stay in Aruba and found the island to be very easy to like and probably visit again.
annieb120

Philadelphia
7 helpful votes
“Trip NINE to Palm Beach Aruba - Always wonderful”
Reviewed August 29, 2010

February 2010 my husband and I went to Palm Beach Aruba. We've been there 3 times together and I've been there 9 times in the past 9 years. I typically travel in February - March time but I have also gone once in October.

WEATHER: The winter months are the perfect escape from the cold NE US. It's ALWAYS in the upper 80's and the trade winds come off the ocean, which keeps the beach cool. I've never been there that it rained and ruined my vacation (Aruba is not a lush tropical island- it's a dry dessert). Plan to bring a shawl at night if you are outside. After being in the sun for a full day you get cool at night with the winds. Aruba is also the furtherest southern caribbean island (part of the ABC island - Aruba, Bonair and Curousel) and near the equartor is it's out of the hurricane loop. Safe travels in the summer.

PLACES TO EAT: My favorites are
*It's expensive to eat in Aruba but the dinners are worth it - even just for a few of the best places because I've had some fabulous dining experiences and great food on this island. You'd be a fool to travel to Aruba and do an all inclusive! AT least go out for 2 or 3 dinners,
TEXAS DE BRAZIL - fabulous salad bar and sangrias. The servers carry around gouchos of meat that they carve when you flip your place card from green to red - good experience and endless amount of food. Save room for dessert - the entire menu is good.
SALT N PEPPER - Good, cheap breakfast place on palm beach. Sometimes promt and otherrimes super duper slow.
EL GAUCHO - located in town and we always like to go here because I feel it's the best steak house on the island! The inside of the restaraurant is designed very nice. And service is A+. I even forgot my wallet one time and the server aloud us to leave and call from the hotel room with the credit card number.
OLD MAN BY THE SEA - my #1 spot to eat on the island. A MUST do if you are on a romantic getaway. It's on the other side of the island (away from the hotels) so a taxi ride is a little costly so I recommend to rent a jeep for the day it almost pays for the taxi ride to and from the hotel. They have the perfect sunset so book your reservation around 5:30 - you don't want to miss this!
MIRADI - Good atmosphere on a open air outside deck overtop the water. Located near the airport. Great food, service and mojitos. Another good sunset restaraunt.
SMOKEY JOES - very casual outside place to get good RIBS! Located right along the palm beach walk (fun area to shop and be at during the night). All seating is outside and be prepared to get your hands a little messy. YUM!
Casa Tuo - best low key pizza place
Other Places we've been to:
PASSIONS on Palm Beach - nice, romantic beach lit by torches area but my food was cold and service took forever (slower then island time). Not worth the money
IGUANA JOES - located in town. Typical commercialized place to eat.
SUNSET GRILLE - Located inside the Radisson. Nice outside or air conditioning. Excellent service. Expect a pricey bill. But good food.
GIANNI'S - good authentic Italian food - sometimes a long wait if you get there late so make reservations or get there early. indoor or outdoor seating.

HOTELS:
I feel the best place to stay is anywhere on Palm Beach. NO ALL INCLUSIVE - too many fabulous places to eat on this island - you'll be missing the best parts if you stay at your hotel. We've always stayed at the Radisson and they sometimes give us upgraded rooms. Last time we stayed there we were in the Curasoul tour and heard car alarms all night because it's beside the Rui hotel. The Aruba tower is the main tower and sometimes you hear music playing until 11 pm at night at the downstairs martini bar (as long as the music doesn't bother you - this hotel is the best location). Bonaire is probably the most quiet tower. The rooms are ALWAYS very clean and they all have the sleep number beds - very heavenly. The rooms could use some updating in the bathrrom area - it's all marble and beautiful but just starting to so show it's wear a little. The hotel is centrally located on Palm beach and I feel it's the best location to everything. There are 2 pools on the grounds and they don't get too full. The Radisson Aruba takes pride in there hotel and the grounds area is just beautiful. The Rui looks very nice and the newest on the island - I don't know about their meal pland and if they are exclusively all inclusive. The Weston is nice but EXTRA annoyingly windy on that point in the island. The Hyatt has a better rating then the Radisson but I've looked at the rooms before and they are smaller and not as nice. Plus, the beach gets more full there. Up towards the Holiday Inn - the rooms are must cheaper but every year - there is always a pile of seaweed laying on the beach and in the ocean - ewwww . . . . The Marriot is very nice but the last hotel on the strip - it sits alone and by itself.

3 Thank AngelaRDH
Bergen County, NJ
37 helpful votes
“This Place Is Now Our Home Away From Home !”
Reviewed April 20, 2010

After 8 trips to Palm Beach Aruba in less than three years, it's pretty safe to say that we just love being there. We learned a lot over the past few years, important things like:

The far end of the high-rise area is an area we can do without: After six stays at the Surf Club, the crowded conditions, overly-long waits for any type of service and rude behavior of "guests" none-too-happy about the conditions, caused us to look elsewhere. For those who expect the high end amenities while traveling but still want a laid-back, Caribbean atmosphere, I recommend the Divi Aruba Phoenix. The new tower and villas rival, if not surpass the Marriott. You can pick up the bus right in front for a trip into town that will cost about a dollar, or just walk next door to the Westin for dinner at "Blossoms" for a change of pace.

The BEST, and I mean BEST part of Aruba is the PEOPLE, starting with our friend and "designated driver", Bully.
[--] - e-mail him with your information, so when you land, you can leave the driving to him!!

Wis.
15 helpful votes
“My Aruba experience”
Reviewed November 4, 2009

Very friendly people and a safe area to be in. No problems or difficulty with understanding anything. May restaurants with US associations and equally priced but only slightly higher as Aruba has no products of its own. All items are imported here.

Been to Palm - Eagle Beach? Share your experiences!