“A Total Disappointment”

Gianni's Ristorante Italiano
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Giannis Ristorante Italiano starts it's story in 1984 when Giovanni and Filomena Ferrara opened their first family owned restaurant in down town Oranjestad, Aruba. As one of the first Italian restaurants in Aruba success was very quick to follow, through the years up to now the family has slowly moved from downtown to the new nightlife area in Palm Beach better known as the strip. Gianni's was the beginning of a family of restaurants across the island, always specializing in extraordinary culinary experiences. Today you can still meet some of the family in Gianni's, the Italian side of the Ferrara family originates from Castellamare di Stabia, a small city on the Napoli Coast in Italy. You can find the menu at Gianni's is geared more around Napoli food but as the years have passed and our customer base has grown, we have extended into other regions of Italy to create a more complete Italian experience for our customers. Gianni's is well known for constantly changing towards modern times and better ingredients, always looking to import the freshest and finest quality ingredients to enhance our customer experience. Our motto has always been; try to find the best, enjoy the best, and share it with our guests.
Agawam, Massachusetts
“A Total Disappointment”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Sorry Gianni's but we really wanted to like your restaurant.

Conveniently located across from the Radisson in the high rise area we have walked past this restaurant many times and had never eaten there. The restaurant is huge and the patio is usually filled with patrons. Having heard mixed reviews from many vacationers and having read the Trip Advisor reviews we decided to make our own decision and try it. September is a slow month in Aruba and reservations were not necessary in any restaurant (except 2 Fools & A Bull).

Walking across from the Radisson we noticed the patio was almost empty and stopped to request a table at the receptionist. She told us to wait that it may be awhile--are you kidding me, this place was empty? While waiting we walked over the bar that is adjacent to the receptionist and asked the bartender if we could order a cocktail and eat at the bar and were told absolutely. We sat down on the stationary bar stools and facing the bar, my nose was only parallel with the top of the bar. It seemed like a bad joke and we had to laugh. I climbed up on the stool and sat on my legs (not a short person) which made it almost doable while the bartender made our drinks. The receptionist still hadn't returned. Having dinner at this weird set up of a bar that was way to tall to sit at, we were not going to eat there, the food at "nose level".

The receptionist returned and said a table would be ready in a few minutes--the place was empty. After being seated at a table, the ambiance of the restaurant was pleasant and were looking forward to an excellent dinner. We ordered the soup for our appetizer and the shrimp and pasta (a special) for the main course. In a short period of time the main course arrived and the waiter asked if everything was okay. Of course it was not....where is our soup we ordered as the appetizer? He took the main course away and returned and apologized. In about ten minutes the soup came out cold. We asked for our main course back immediately as it was most likely sitting under heat lamps in the back.

We sent the soup away and began eating the main course. The pasta was delicious and the shrimp cooked okay but there was no flavor to this dish, it was bland. Neither of us finished our meal and the waiter asked if we wanted to wrap it to go. After a pleasant no thank you and please bring us the check we left. This is one of the worst meals we ever had in the ten years coming to Aruba. A Total Disappointment and will never return.

• Visited September 2013

belmar
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great food!”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

The special whiskey parmesan pasta was really good and they made it table side.Te service was very good.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank lina e
Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food, great service and wonderfull atmosphere”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I had a vacation with my mom in Aruba from 30th of September to 11th of October.During this time we had visited Gianni's about four times! We had a lot of waiters,serving us,but the special thank you for Israel. The first thing I have tryed there was mussels. It was so good, that I had ordered it in our last night again. Also I loved live lobster, which was cooked with cream and cheese,the giant black olives was awesome and,of course, we had tried the special dish - pasta al formaggio and it was amazing! The only one minus - tomatoes, it had white, firm core,though it's the problem of Aruba, we had the same tomatoes at our hotel. The service was very high-leveled,we have never stayed unattended. During our dinners we were enjoying fiddlers playing. I would highly recommend this restaurant to everyone,visiting Aruba. You wouldn't be dissapointed.P.S. Special thank you to Alfredo!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Minimikini
Arlington, Texas
“Superb Italian Food, great atmosphere”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I ate here on our last night in Aruba. We were extremely happy with our dining experience. This was probably some of the best italian food I've ever had in my life. The pasta was all handmade and fresh. The patio atmosphere was very happening with live music and candle lights. I would highly recommend this place to anyone visiting Aruba.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank AdrianGPTX
Omaha, Nebraska
“OMG!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

The food here was absolutely amazing. They have a nice airy outdoor area and an indoor area. The service was great. My husband and I had a lot of seafood in our appetizers and the main course and it was very fresh with wonderful taste. The best Italian restaurant I have ever tasted hands down!

Visited October 2013