“Exceptional Service, Great Food and Entertaining Dinner”

Gianni's Ristorante Italiano
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Giannis Ristorante Italiano starts it's story in 1984 when Giovanni and Filomena Ferrara opened their first family owned restaurant in down town Oranjestad, Aruba. As one of the first Italian restaurants in Aruba success was very quick to follow, through the years up to now the family has slowly moved from downtown to the new nightlife area in Palm Beach better known as the strip. Gianni's was the beginning of a family of restaurants across the island, always specializing in extraordinary culinary experiences. Today you can still meet some of the family in Gianni's, the Italian side of the Ferrara family originates from Castellamare di Stabia, a small city on the Napoli Coast in Italy. You can find the menu at Gianni's is geared more around Napoli food but as the years have passed and our customer base has grown, we have extended into other regions of Italy to create a more complete Italian experience for our customers. Gianni's is well known for constantly changing towards modern times and better ingredients, always looking to import the freshest and finest quality ingredients to enhance our customer experience. Our motto has always been; try to find the best, enjoy the best, and share it with our guests.
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I just returned from a trip to Aruba with my Mother and Father. We decided to go to Gianni's for dinner for my Father's birthday on 9/22/13 and we weren't disappointed. We were greeted and seated at a table in the outside dining area (which I highly recommend). The ambiance and the breeze were amazing. Our server was Shirley Hassel and we immediately struck up a conversation with her since this was our first trip. She was incredibly friendly and answered all of our questions with a smile. We explained that it was my Father's birthday, and on this particular day, there was a clown "KeKe" in the restaurant making balloon animals and we requested that she ask him to our table which she kindly obliged. KeKe was hilarious and had us laughing until we were crying. My mom and I decided to try their pasta that is prepared in a large round of cheese with flaming whiskey. The dish was amaizng and Shirley was kind enough to allow me to video the preparation so I could have the memory on film. I can't think of one thing that would have made our dining experience better. The service we received from Shirley is the type of service you expect. As a matter of fact, we decided to return to Gianni's for dinner a 2nd time that week and requested to sit at Shirley's table. This is a restaruant that I will return to on our next visit to Aruba.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Dine inside or out - superb outside dining!
Lobster dishes were great - caesar salad was one of the best ever - especially with their willingness to add anchovies which were A1 in taste. Not inexpensive but worth it!

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Today is October 1, 2013 and it’s also my birthday. I am spending it on the lovely island of Aruba, celebrating 63 years of living and exploring. Tonight, my husband arranged for us to eat at Gianni’s Restaurante Italiano.
Don’t expect a typical menu when you are presented with Gianni’s menu and wine list. First of all, the food is authentically Italian, and prepared the way the “nonni” make food in the old country…with love! Just inside the door, the aromas of freshly chopped garlic and basil tickle your nose and tempt your taste buds. The service, from the Manager, Nathalie Moore’s hands-on involvement, to the waiter, Maurizio Alvarez’s competent suggestions for what is freshest today, to his assistant, Karin’s generous offer to sample the Prosecco before ordering, is top drawer. The appetizers (we ordered the insalata di pulpo or octopus salad, freshly caught off the coast of Aruba, and condimented perfectly with Extra Virgin Olive oil and Gianni’s chef’s own seafood spices – tender and sea-sweet), arrived swiftly with beautifully enrobed lemons for squeezing. We also tried the calamari fritti, but as there were no tentacles, we knew that these were not local which was confirmed by Maurizio. If you’re a connoisseur of fried calamari, get these in Italy or Greece. But save space for the main course. We love seafood, and neither of us was disappointed with our choice. Ours were Seafood Linguini and the House Special (and Maurizio’s favorite) – Scampi Gianni. You won’t find scampi larger anywhere! And the flavor…OMG! Both of our sauces were created for each dish, FRESH,… NOT from one pot to which the various ingredients are later added. The portion sizes are just right, and you will be delightfully full when you finish. But leave room for dessert. We ordered the best espresso we’ve had outside of Italy, a Dutch brand, Smit & Dorlas, but what came was a violinist, the Manager, our waiters, and the Hostess who presented me with a generous slice of homemade Tiramisu and two espresso’s while they sang Happy Birthday to the accompaniment of the violinist. We weren’t the only ones celebrating tonight. Another couple was treated to the Anniversary Waltz a few tables over. Truly a night to remember! The next time we’ll order the flaming...Really! - Spaghetti Parmigianna, served at your table. Oh, and ask for KeKe, the clown, a.k.a. Juan Carlos Cruz, to stop by for a chat, (and possibly a floral creation and photo op), to memorialize the event, especially if you have the kids with you. He’s a delight and really quite charming. I was enchanted with a floral bouquet made entirely of balloons, presented with his own rendition of the Happy Birthday song.
If you’re in Aruba right now, make a reservation! If you’re going to Aruba, put this restaurant on your “must do” list. You won’t be disappointed!!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Although the outside dining is overlooking the main drag sidewalk..sit there. You still have privacy as you are a bit higher but the people watching is great. The ambiance is nice wherever you sit and the food is well done...presentation, flavor and portion. Everything that I ordered reminded me of my Noni's cooking. The fried polenta was an old treat. The bruchette was light and sweet flowing with warm and cold basil. The cutlets were pounded thin and lightly breaded. The gnocchi were light and fluffy. What more could you ask for? The price. All of this with a Kettle One vodka....$50!!!
I had gone to Gianni's last year with friends and now that I am a resident, I will return alone and with company from the States. Go and enjoy....

1  Thank CCJADO
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I live in NY where options are limitless, traveled around the US and the Caribbean and hands down Gianni's has the best Italian food I've personally ever eaten. The atmosphere is fantastic and listening to the Godfather theme through a violin and then realizing it was a beautiful young lady dressed in this case all white doing it live was the icing on the cake! Bravo! Don't go to Aruba and not go to Gianni's ! I had an all inclusive package and still went to Gianni's for dinner...twice on back to back nights!!