“Loved it”

Gianni's Ristorante Italiano
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Giannis Ristorante Italiano starts it's story in 1984 when Giovanni and Filomena Ferrara opened their first family owned restaurant in down town Oranjestad, Aruba. As one of the first Italian restaurants in Aruba success was very quick to follow, through the years up to now the family has slowly moved from downtown to the new nightlife area in Palm Beach better known as the strip. Gianni's was the beginning of a family of restaurants across the island, always specializing in extraordinary culinary experiences. Today you can still meet some of the family in Gianni's, the Italian side of the Ferrara family originates from Castellamare di Stabia, a small city on the Napoli Coast in Italy. You can find the menu at Gianni's is geared more around Napoli food but as the years have passed and our customer base has grown, we have extended into other regions of Italy to create a more complete Italian experience for our customers. Gianni's is well known for constantly changing towards modern times and better ingredients, always looking to import the freshest and finest quality ingredients to enhance our customer experience. Our motto has always been; try to find the best, enjoy the best, and share it with our guests.
Old Bethpage, New York
“Loved it”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Second time here and the food, the soft live music, the service, was just perfect. We shared a bottle of wine and sat right up front near the street so we could eat and people watch. What a great night

Baltimore
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good pasta, average service”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We came here on our first night. The pasta dishes are good and prices are about what I expected in a tourist area. Average service. It's walkable from most high-rise places.

Pembroke Pines, Florida
“I love Italian food... just not at Gianni's!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

After an awesome day at the beach, the whole family went to Gianni's for dinner. Since my mother Durant ear meat, she had to replace one of her sides with mashed potatoes. I find care for tomato sauce much and asked for alfredo instead. The server said she couldn't because we were already doing a substitution at the table. Then she got the manager to chime over to explain to me that she was doing me a favor by adjusting the side for my mom but that two changes at one table is just unheard of... especially since what I asked would have required them to actually make a sauce (which indicates that their food is ready made)? So I said fine just bring the pasta with red sauce. It came out with no sauce and I had to ask for olive oil and garlic and parmesan cheese to make my own sauce. Though I salvaged my meal, this was certainly not the best Italian food I've ever had nor was it the best food I've had on the island.

• Visited June 2013
“Nice surprise”
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

We came here after walking around and exploring the high rise area and shops. We are from NY and I come from a traditional Italian family. This is our 4th visit, and have been recommended to come here, however the "Italian on aruba" thing always concerned me. We were pleasantly surprised. We ordered the polenta w arrabita sauce, delish, hot tomato mozzarella which was great and my husbands Caesar salad which he finished the whole thing. Husband had veal parm, came w a side of pasta, the veal portion could have been bigger for the $$ but my husband enjoyed it. I ordered the pappardelle Genovese that had big chunks of beef, a delicious brown sauce and a generous amount of Parmesan. I totally enjoyed it. We ordered chocolate salami which was like a nutty brownie like cookie that came with ice cream. It was unusual but good. The service was very good, the staff was attentive and we never felt ignored. All in all for this trip to aruba, giannis turned out to be the best service we had.

New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Your Italian fix...”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This place gets mobbed on always everyday of the week, even until late night. A big restaurant with both spacious indoor and outdoor seating. Upscale casual. Food is great, portions are satisfying, albeit on the pricy side for Italian. A famous tableside show is the pasta cooked with flaming whiskey in a hollowed out wheel of reggiano.

Visited May 2013