“Good food a bit pricey”

Gianni's Ristorante Italiano
Cuisines: Italian, European, Soups
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Giannis Ristorante Italiano starts it's story in 1984 when Giovanni and Filomena Ferrara opened their first family owned restaurant in down town Oranjestad, Aruba. As one of the first Italian restaurants in Aruba success was very quick to follow, through the years up to now the family has slowly moved from downtown to the new nightlife area in Palm Beach better known as the strip. Gianni's was the beginning of a family of restaurants across the island, always specializing in extraordinary culinary experiences. Today you can still meet some of the family in Gianni's, the Italian side of the Ferrara family originates from Castellamare di Stabia, a small city on the Napoli Coast in Italy. You can find the menu at Gianni's is geared more around Napoli food but as the years have passed and our customer base has grown, we have extended into other regions of Italy to create a more complete Italian experience for our customers. Gianni's is well known for constantly changing towards modern times and better ingredients, always looking to import the freshest and finest quality ingredients to enhance our customer experience. Our motto has always been; try to find the best, enjoy the best, and share it with our guests.
Massachusetts
“Good food a bit pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Nice location, good ambiance - enjoyed the live music. Food was very good but on a pricey side. If we went back to Aruba, will definitely visit again.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good food in decent prices.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

I had an octopus to begin with and risoto with sea fruits - it was very good. I was part of a group of about 20 people. The glasses were always filled up.

I do recommend the place and I thing it gives a good return for the money.

• Visited April 2013
Naples , Florida
“Wow! Mind Blowing Italian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

First of all the restaurant itself is architecturally very neat with tall cathedral wood ceilings. The waiter was very good and attentive. I had the Cesar salad & lobster risotto which was a little pricey ($50) but let me tell you best Cesar ever and I have had a lot of Cesars and the lobster risotto...wow, now I can justify the price. My wife's meal was also delicious which was the putanesca and she really enjoyed it. Definitely, worth going to if your in the mood for Italian.

West Warwick, Rhode Island
“Nice atmosphere, not a nice value”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

looked forward to trying this restaurant as we like Italian food.we made reservations for 7:30 and were allowed to seat early at the table we requested. prices are steep for the meal you get. nice dinner music, clean atmosphere, but paying $25.00 US for a small portion of luke warm pasta with mussels that was watery is a little too much. Also, I DO NOT LIKE THE PRACTICE OF A 15% service charge on top of the bill for meals! If you are good at what you do, you do not need a service charge! I will tip more than 15% as long as the service is good. If I have to look for my server and my order is still not right, you don't deserve a 15% tip! get my food to the table when it is HOT! don't blame the cooks when my meal is ready and not served in a timely manner!

Tinton Falls, New Jersey, United States
“Terrible Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Went to Gianni's with my wife on our 5th night, tonight, in Aruba after having 4 amazing dinners. It was a 8:30pm dinner just looking for a basic pasta dinner with no alcohol. My wife and I each ordered $18 pasta dishes and we split an appetizer special that was mozzarella cheese with prosciutto. When the bill came they charged us $38 for the appetizer which was more than the cost of our entire dinners. They also added 15% service charge to the bill. Place is a rip off, much better places to eat on the island!

• Visited April 2013