“Favorite Italian Restaurant in Aruba”

Gianni's Ristorante Italiano
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Giannis Ristorante Italiano starts it's story in 1984 when Giovanni and Filomena Ferrara opened their first family owned restaurant in down town Oranjestad, Aruba. As one of the first Italian restaurants in Aruba success was very quick to follow, through the years up to now the family has slowly moved from downtown to the new nightlife area in Palm Beach better known as the strip. Gianni's was the beginning of a family of restaurants across the island, always specializing in extraordinary culinary experiences. Today you can still meet some of the family in Gianni's, the Italian side of the Ferrara family originates from Castellamare di Stabia, a small city on the Napoli Coast in Italy. You can find the menu at Gianni's is geared more around Napoli food but as the years have passed and our customer base has grown, we have extended into other regions of Italy to create a more complete Italian experience for our customers. Gianni's is well known for constantly changing towards modern times and better ingredients, always looking to import the freshest and finest quality ingredients to enhance our customer experience. Our motto has always been; try to find the best, enjoy the best, and share it with our guests.
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Great atmoshere and great food. We eat there every time we visit Aruba. Fresh authentic Italian food we can't get enough of!!

Write a ReviewReviews (5,294)

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I read the reviews on Tripadvisor before we left for Aruba and really wanted to try the flaming pasta. We were in Aruba during Spring break and the wait for a table was 2+ hours so I was glad that we had a reservation. I definitely recommend making a reservation during busy times. The pasta was delicious! Service was great. There was live music playing classic Italian songs and a roaming clown making balloon shapes. Food was delicious

Reviewed April 5, 2013

For late night pizza and all around local atmosphere, this is the place. The price was a little much, but that is to be expected here. Very good ambiance.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Gianni's is a good restaurant. It has a very large covered dining room that maintains an open-air feel to it. The food is Italian and is good, but not great. The menu has many different offerings, which appeal to a wide audience - particularly those traveling with children - so the restaurant fills a nice void on the island. We ate there on a very busy Friday night. We did not have reservations. I highly suggest you make reservations if you want to eat at a normal time.

As far as ambiance goes, I prefer eating outdoors in Aruba. It's one of the charms of the island. Sitting in a large dining room on the boulevard is not exactly my first choice on vacation.

As far as the prices go. Everything in Aruba is expensive. They have to import every ingredient. If you go into the restaurant with the expectations that you will get high quality Italian food at discount prices, you are mistaken.

For my money, I would prefer to eat where I can get an authentic Aruban experience. Gianni's is good by all standards, just not my first choice.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We had a good experience at Gianni's. Actually so good that we went back a second time. We had a "team" of people waiting on us both times. Service never lacked. The special appetizer of fresh mozzarella, roasted red peppers, tomatoes, basil on a bed of arugula was delicious! It was large enough for four people, glad we had a kitchenette back at the hotel.The atmosphere is nicer outside than in. I had the four cheese rigatoni and it was very good...both times. Pasta serving size was fine. Make sure you have a reservation. Will return on our next trip.