“Who knew Italian in Aruba would be good?”

Gianni's Ristorante Italiano
Cuisines: Italian, European, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Giannis Ristorante Italiano starts it's story in 1984 when Giovanni and Filomena Ferrara opened their first family owned restaurant in down town Oranjestad, Aruba. As one of the first Italian restaurants in Aruba success was very quick to follow, through the years up to now the family has slowly moved from downtown to the new nightlife area in Palm Beach better known as the strip. Gianni's was the beginning of a family of restaurants across the island, always specializing in extraordinary culinary experiences. Today you can still meet some of the family in Gianni's, the Italian side of the Ferrara family originates from Castellamare di Stabia, a small city on the Napoli Coast in Italy. You can find the menu at Gianni's is geared more around Napoli food but as the years have passed and our customer base has grown, we have extended into other regions of Italy to create a more complete Italian experience for our customers. Gianni's is well known for constantly changing towards modern times and better ingredients, always looking to import the freshest and finest quality ingredients to enhance our customer experience. Our motto has always been; try to find the best, enjoy the best, and share it with our guests.
NYC, NY
“Who knew Italian in Aruba would be good?”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I just returned from Aruba. I can honestly say the food at Gianni's was great! The spaghetti il formaggio was unreal. No wonder why they are known for it. Aside from it being pretty cool to watch them cook your pasta in a giant cheese wheel, it tasted excellent.

We also loved that you could sit outdoors. Overall, a great dinner in a great location.

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Nice Italian on the Island”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I enjoy sitting outside which is sometimes a hard seat to find if you don't have a reservation. They have some fun 'made at your table' dishes that are usually for at least 2 people. The pasta is very good as is the seafood. I would recommend Gianni's for a bit more adventuresome of eaters.

Visited April 2012
new jersey
“Excellent Service & Food”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Let me start with our family owns a condo in Aruba so we are there 3-4 times a year and this is our favorite spot to go for pasta. We always get the pasta wheel no matter how many people or times we go. We were just there last week with a party of 8 and all of us had the cheese wheel. I just have to say that lately we have not been getting great service at Gianni's but we always chuck it up to we are in Aruba. On this night we were very LUCKY to have NATHALIE MOORE as our server. She was beyond excellent with her service. Always there to see if we needed anything. She had the whole kitchen/wait staff sing Happy Birthday to my Mom. They gave her a princess birthday hat & bead necklaces. It was such a nice surprise & touch.

Thank you, Nathalie or your excellent service. We will see you soon.

Toronto, Canada
“Very busy - nice place - food was ok”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Being of a true Italian background - we'd have to say that the food at Gianni's was ok. The service is super slow and that is most likely because the restaurant is HUGE with HUGE line ups to get in. Beautiful atmosphere - right on the strip - outdoors. Pizza at Amore Mio up the street was great - also impossible to get a seat!

Visited January 2013
Worcester, Massachusetts, United States
“Caveat Emptor: 2 ounces of pasta for $21.00.”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

A couple of things to keep in mind: one (1) pound of Premium Enriched Italian Pasta 100% Hard Durum Semolina retails for about $1.75 in Boston; wholesale to restaurants a whole lot less. $1.75 divided by 16 ozs is 0.109 per ounce.
So we've eaten at Gianni's on previous visits to Aruba and gave it another try this March. Facility was clean; service efficient. I ordered the Rigatoni Arabbiata which I prepare at home for family gatherings. When my bowl arrived I was aghast at the minuscule portion. I actually counted the pieces of Rigatoni. Eighteen pieces (18). I counted again: 18 pieces. 18 pieces of Premium Enriched Italian Pasta weigh 2 ounces or 60 grams and costs less than .25 cents. For this Gianni's charged $18.50 + 15% service surcharge for a grand price of $21.00. There was a bread serving. When I got back to the Ocean Club I sent Gianni's an email and never heard back from them. They won't see us again either. Buyer Beware.