“Very good, will definitely be back next trip”

Gianni's Ristorante Italiano
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Giannis Ristorante Italiano starts it's story in 1984 when Giovanni and Filomena Ferrara opened their first family owned restaurant in down town Oranjestad, Aruba. As one of the first Italian restaurants in Aruba success was very quick to follow, through the years up to now the family has slowly moved from downtown to the new nightlife area in Palm Beach better known as the strip. Gianni's was the beginning of a family of restaurants across the island, always specializing in extraordinary culinary experiences. Today you can still meet some of the family in Gianni's, the Italian side of the Ferrara family originates from Castellamare di Stabia, a small city on the Napoli Coast in Italy. You can find the menu at Gianni's is geared more around Napoli food but as the years have passed and our customer base has grown, we have extended into other regions of Italy to create a more complete Italian experience for our customers. Gianni's is well known for constantly changing towards modern times and better ingredients, always looking to import the freshest and finest quality ingredients to enhance our customer experience. Our motto has always been; try to find the best, enjoy the best, and share it with our guests.
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I think honestly if I could have, I would have rated it a 4.5, but decided to round up since they took good care of my 2 year old during our visit there tonight. We decided to try the place out based on a recommendation of some people we have become friendly with here at the Marriott Surf Club, and I'm glad we did.

The service for the most part was very good... They got my daughter's penne out in less than 5 minutes, which was great since she is 2 and doesn't have the patience for the Aruba restaurant timing. But then later my husband and I sat for several minutes with empty water glass before I finally flagged someone down to get more water... Overall I'd give them a 4.5 out of 5 for service.

The food was also very good, although the mussel appetizer we ordered was a bit overcooked, so I probably would skip that next time. My husband got the linguini with seafood and I got the linguine with lobster. My husband said his was really good and the shrimp in it was cooked perfectly, although the calamari was a little over cooked. Mine was also really good and the lobster was cooked perfectly, and there was a good amount of it in the dish (which I would expect for $39). The highlight of the meal was definitely the canoli though. My husband said it was the best canoli he has ever had, and he eats a lot of canolis because they are his favorite food. So overall the food was definitely a 4.5.

It wasn't the best dinner of Italian food I've ever had, but it was definitely pretty high up on the list, and was better than any of the other Italian restaurants we've tried here (which is probably most of them since this is our 6th visit to Aruba).

Write a ReviewReviews (5,283)

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I had only two less than wonderful dining experiences on Aruba over a ten day stay. This was one of them. We visited Gianni's well after 9pm and the crowd was thinning out. We had high expectations because we had good experiences with Daniels's Steak and Chop House and Amore Mio, both associated with Gianni's. We were seated quickly but were never asked for drink orders. When we did get a waiter he asked if we were ready to order. We asked for drinks at that point. Our drinks were served by someone other than our waiter. We sat and watched our waiter talk with some folks he seemed to know who were seated at another table. After a while the young lady who delivered our drinks came over and asked if we had ordered. We said no. She seemed confused and kept looking over at our waiter who was still busy talking with his friends. She then took our order. OK. One person does not make the whole place bad, so, I'll move on to the food.

My wife ordered a shrimp and pasta dish. I ordered the Grouper. Her dish came with lots of pasta...and three shrimp. A little over $10(usd) per shrimp if my math is right. She did comment that all three tasted good. My grouper was, well, the worst I have had on Aruba. It was thin, dry, and over cooked. My wife suggested that maybe it was the only one left because we were eating so late. Maybe.

I loved the atmosphere and the outside seating. The Sangria was good as well. But overall I was quite disappointed.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

This resturant is very high scale. Dress nice and as long as you enjoy well prepared Italian food, I deffinitly reccomend this one. Such great food and dining. The service could've been a little faster but other than that, nothing to worry about.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

The 6 in our party were turned off by the service it seemed to me that the staff was fighting with each other this night. It took for ever for someone to come to the table, they did like to get you to buy drinks but the food service was the pits. Have been going here for 9 years and this will be the last time we go to this restaurant. The head waiter came when we asked to speak to someone but did not resolve the problem. The Cheese wheel seemed to have someone new doing it and came out wet. Time to look for another place to eat. 2*

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Place is allways busy and with that come high expectations. Food was ok but had much better italians especially at the price they are selling it for.

Ambiance is nice, but i have a thing for outside dining, service good