“BE CAREFUL OF GRATUITY ON THE BILL”

Gianni's Ristorante Italiano
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Giannis Ristorante Italiano starts it's story in 1984 when Giovanni and Filomena Ferrara opened their first family owned restaurant in down town Oranjestad, Aruba. As one of the first Italian restaurants in Aruba success was very quick to follow, through the years up to now the family has slowly moved from downtown to the new nightlife area in Palm Beach better known as the strip. Gianni's was the beginning of a family of restaurants across the island, always specializing in extraordinary culinary experiences. Today you can still meet some of the family in Gianni's, the Italian side of the Ferrara family originates from Castellamare di Stabia, a small city on the Napoli Coast in Italy. You can find the menu at Gianni's is geared more around Napoli food but as the years have passed and our customer base has grown, we have extended into other regions of Italy to create a more complete Italian experience for our customers. Gianni's is well known for constantly changing towards modern times and better ingredients, always looking to import the freshest and finest quality ingredients to enhance our customer experience. Our motto has always been; try to find the best, enjoy the best, and share it with our guests.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“BE CAREFUL OF GRATUITY ON THE BILL”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

We have been to Gianni's in past years. The restaurant is directly across the street from the high rise hotels on Palm Beach. The food was good (not great but good) as it has been in the past. The service was good (not great).
Whe we ask for our check we did not recieve a detailed check. When we ask for a detailed check, we were given an adding machine type tape with no details of what items were oredered or what drinks were ordered but dollar amounts were on the adding machine tape. What we did notice was that gratutity was ALREADY on the check.
We would have tipped another 18% to 20% on top of the 15% that was already on the bill. The issue is not that they added an automatic gratuity, the issue is we were not told. How many people go to Gianni's and "double tip"??? BE CAREFUL!!!

• Visited February 2012

Saint James, New York
“Unebelievable!!”
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Never in my wildest dreams would I ever think that I could get italian food almost as good as my husbands!! Both of us being Italian and coming from large Italian families were food is the most important part of our day, we were a little skeptical at first trying an Italian restaurant especially one in Aruba, but once we got the fresh mozz with prosciutto we knew our entrees were going to be amazing. My husband went with the chicken parm and the sauce was delicious. I had the linguini with clams and licked the plate clean. The biggest surprise , and I mean surprise, had to be the cannoli for dessert. This was the BEST cannoli we have ever eaten (sorry grandma Josie). I recommend Gianni's to everyone who wants a good home cooked Italian meal in Aruba.

Visited February 2012
Fargo, North Dakota
“Don't drink the bottles water!”
Reviewed March 14, 2012

I hate going to dinner and the waiters not telling you the price of the specials or, in this case, a bottle of water. It was $12! The food is OK, the wait staff surly. We were there on a busy night and it was very loud even outdoors.
Beware of the prices, they don't volunteer anything and act indignant if you ask. There are better places to go on Aruba.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Lash018
New York, New York, United States
“Worth the wait!”
Reviewed March 11, 2012

We walked past Gianni's every night in Aruba and finally decided to try it on our next to last night. There was a bit of a wait (I'd recommend making a reservation in advance) but we didn't mind waiting at the bar area, since the atmosphere is very inviting with lounge furniture and comfy seating. Our waitress was great, and when I mentioned I'd be interested in a lobster risotto, she made an extra effort to check with the chef if it would be gluten-free. As it turns out, they weren't sure it would be, so they offered to make the same dish but with gluten-free pasta (which was not even mentioned on their menu!) I was so shocked they had it I jumped at the chance and it was delish!! My husband ordered a fantastic black ink spaghetti dish with shrimp and was very happy with it. The wine was also a great value here with huge glasses and heavy pours!

Visited March 2012
Montvale, New Jersey
“Outstanding, outstanding, outstanding”
Reviewed March 9, 2012

The food, service, atmosphere was spectacular. The people working there was as pleasant as you would expect. The violinist topped off the evening OMG is was so wonderful.

• Visited November 2011