“Good food, small portions”
Review of Screaming Eagle

Screaming Eagle
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Screaming Eagle is a unique restaurant on Aruba with Miami-style lounge bar atmosphere - edgy interior design, comfortable and chic lounge area, trendy French-Fusion cuisine and a wine and cocktail list to create the mixture for those who dare now a days lifestyle.
Reviewed August 25, 2014

My wife and I ate on the outside terrace. The place is nicely decorated and lit. It is located right on a road that apparently drivers like to use to do burn outs and race, although the loud cars were a mild disturbance. The service was good except that our waitress disappeared for a little while after during our main course because she was the only waitress handling all of the tables on the terrace and there were some large groups - again a minor inconvenience, but another reason why I'm not giving it 5 stars. The food was excellent. We had the carpaccio of artichoke appetizer which was delicious. My wife had the halibut which she said was excellent. I had the skirt steak which was extremely delicious. However, the portions were small, especially compared to other similar restaurants in Aruba. The dessert selection wasn't that great. We had the crepe Suzette just because they flambé it at the table which is fun.

I give this restaurant 4 stars because the food is delicious and nicely presented. I'm not giving it 5 stars because of the small portions, poor dessert selection, and having to wait a little while for our waitress to come back to the table. There are so many excellent restaurants in Aruba that set the level of excellence very high.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

We are just finishing our meal, and I couldn't wait to write! The appetizers were great (deep fried Brie & salad for me/escargots for my husband), and the peppercorn sauce preparation at the table was outstanding (ask for Stefan) for my hubby's tenderloin. My roasted chicken breast's presentation was beautiful, too. No room for dessert, sadly - another trip, perhaps. Enjoy!!!

Reviewed August 19, 2014

After hearing and reading lots of hype about this place, we had to try it! Don't waste your time or money. Food was just OK - service was even less OK. Walked in and gave name - hostess repeated wrong name and room number from same hotel and proceeded to seat us. We requested inside, obviously per party from our hotel requested outside. We reminded them we wanted inside and got it - but not without a discerning look. Atmosphere was just ok too.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

We decided to try to Screaming Eagle this year in Aruba and really glad we did. The food is simply delicious and so artistically prepared. You can recognize the chef is very talented and cares how the food is prepared and how it is presented. The wait staff is very good also. This is the sister restaurant to The Flying Fishbone but on Eagle Beach. Don't miss this one!

1  Thank Marie R
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Must-do! Request to dine on a bed. Yep, a bed! You eat off a bed tray with these sheer curtains enclosing you. Good food too! Monday’s are 40% off wine night.

1  Thank LaurenJourney