“Very Good Dining Experience”
Review of Screaming Eagle

Screaming Eagle
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Screaming Eagle is a unique restaurant on Aruba with Miami-style lounge bar atmosphere - edgy interior design, comfortable and chic lounge area, trendy French-Fusion cuisine and a wine and cocktail list to create the mixture for those who dare now a days lifestyle.
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Having read the reviews of Screaming Eagle, I knew it would be pricey but, would it be good? The answer was .......it was very good. The service was excellent from a very attentive staff and the food selection and preparation were quite good. We were a party of nine and everyone enjoyed their appetizers which ranged from a salad with fried Brie cheese to Escargot. For main courses we enjoyed several fish dishes, all delicious, as well as a variety of meat dishes. Highlight for me was the crepe Suzette which was prepared at our table. Most diners (us included) were at tables, but we did see the private bed-like dining areas. I'm not sure that I would opt for that. And in the end it was less expensive, even with two bottles of wine, than I had expected.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,148)

Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

while i had kangaroo for the first time tonight (which was ok but may have been over cooked, i have nothing to compare it to), i found the overall meal to be nothing special and the restaurant to be extremely overpriced. you'll get more bang for your buck going elsewhere.

Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

I am sitting here now so my review is fairly fresh. I knew what I was getting into as reviews ranged from excellent to poor, this is less than poor. I would rather eat at McDonalds or starve. How this place got any positive reviews baffles me. It is vastly over priced (and I live in NYC), has really bad service and in all I would skip. It's nasty. Eating at the one star Tulip is way more rewarding than this. I only tried it bc is tripadvisor reviews. Nasty.

3  Thank Julia C
Reviewed December 21, 2013

We were here on our honeymoon but had a rude awakening in this restaurant.
We arrived well before their closing time, but since the restaurant was almost empty the waiter told us we had to hurry up ordering since the kitchen closes at 11.
After we got our drinks we were even told we had to leave the restaurant at 12 because they close. We found tihs very rude!
A different waiter took over our table and he was a real gentleman who saved our evening!

The food was very good: we had lovely oysters and beef carpaccio (our favorite) and an awesome creme brulee.
We dined in bed, which is very romantic.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

We were recommended this restaurant by our concierge at the hotel we were staying at,and,boy were they right about it!
Go for the "dinner in bed"option,there are about a dozen private bed's,enclosed by drapes,that you can eat your dinner in.This provides seclusion from the other diners,but you can eat at tables if you wish.
the food is fantastic,and quite reasonably priced considering the attentive service and great atmosphere.Make sure you book up before you travel to Aruba,so that you are not disappointed.We managed to book for two separate nights beforehand,and,when we turned up the restaurant was bouncing!It's situated in the so-called "low rise"area about 10 minutes walk fro the Bucuti & Tara hotel.