There were 9 of us on this vacation. I exchanged into the La Cabana, with 2 1 Bedroom Units and 1 Studio - it worked out perfectly. When we first arrived on Thursday, our 1 BR and Studio (that were attached) were old units. However, we were moved as soon as an attached unit was available which was on Sunday. The new room was pool side on the second floor, and was lovely. The older room would have been fine, it was clean and had everything we needed, however the new rooms were so much better. The front desk, and the activities desk personnel could not have been any more nice and/or helpful! During renovation, I believe these folks have the worse job. Everyone complains to them, even though we (the customers) knew that the resort was being renovated. It seemed to me that they really tried to help everyone that had a problem. And ERNIE, only the best guy on the island, our wonderful bellman - what a treat! Our friend, Ernie took care of our every need. Great suggestions for dinner spots, ordering cabs for us, taking our family pictures in the lobby, really just making sure we were having a great vacation. Even the woman cleaning the rooms, were very nice, and did a great job. We really enjoyed this relaxing trip. Eagle Beach is beautiful. La Cabana's pool is great, the bartenders are great, the frozen banana drinks were great, the food in the outdoor restaruant was great. I would recommend the Kukoo Kunuku Party Bus Tour to everyone! You're love Mama - what a hoot! I would also recommend Daniel's Steak House - Wow, those steaks were out of this world - remember to get the free house cocktail card (in your welcome package when you check in at La Cabana) - offering up to 6 cocktails free - and they were wonderful! Our waitress was wonderful, she even gave us to of the cocktails to go in a throw away cup! It was really a very enjoyable evening. Oh, don't forget Ben and Jerry's - OMG - the 7 layer coconut ice cream was to die for! We are looking forward to another trip to the "one happy island" Aruba soon! P.S. I was told that part of the renovations at La Cabana, the lobby will be turned into a casino - now we're talking. I was trying to figure out where the lobby will be, but I'm sure it will all work out. We will certainly stay at La Cabana again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full service, mixed use 449 room hotel/vacation ownership casino resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Vacatia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your La Cabana Beach Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Cabana Beach And Racquet Club
- La Cabana Beach & Racquet Club Hotel Oranjestad
- La Cabana Beach Resort & Casino Aruba/Palm - Eagle Beach