“Amazing beach but the resort should bump up their service.”

La Cabana Beach Resort & Casino
Reviewed May 21, 2010

My mom, sister, friend and myself just returned yesterday from La Cabana. Great beach! Excellent security! Great front desk and ladies who give island information.

They need better food!!! They need pool service and better beach service because It's really hot.

They should get rid of one or two of those ugly boulders in the pool and make a swim up bar. Once again, because it's really hot. That part was really lacking to me.

I would have liked some type of music being played by the pool during the day. Some of the live music during happy hour was good.and some not so much. The karaoke list was funny. They need at least one printer for the computers.

The fountain in the lobby had the same debris in it the entire week.

The renovated unit was good but housekeeping was underwhelming. One day they cleaned and after that they fell off. Rumbled beds and missing towels, etc. All I can say is that I've seen better housekeeping.

La Cabana is almost a great resort. It's a good size with a wonderful beach, new rooms and grills. If they step up the service like the food and drinks especially in the pool and beach areas and put more thought into the quality of the entertainment and have constantly good housekeeping, they would be top rated in my opinion.

We all had a really good time in Aruba. There was live music in different places. Plenty of good restaurants and clubs and casinos. A trip to Baby beach was a nice way to spend the day but prepare to rent loungers and sun screens and I suggest to bring your food and drinks and scuba equipment.

We rented a car for the week and drove all over. The license plates on rental cars start with the letter V and we noticed that everywhere we went people would look at our license plate and as soon as someone driving saw the V on the plate many people would angrily beep the horn and speed past. If I was driving badly I could almost expect that but that wasn't the case and it put me somewhat off of the people in Aruba

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Tonitaxes
Write a ReviewReviews (1,565)

Reviewed May 18, 2010

I stayed here April 17-24 with 3 friends. I booked directly with an owner on La Cabana's website. I knew what to expect with the unrenovated room so it wasn't a surprise when we got there. I was also warned that the units next to us would be under renovation while we were there. With all that said, I'd still go back in a heartbeat and even though I could see how much nicer the updated rooms are, I'd still stay where I was again.

The noise for the renovation was only a problem after 9 am till about 4:30 pm. But I think there was only 1 morning where we even slept till 9 so if anything, it was a much needed wake up call to get us down to the beach!! And then we were always out of the room till after 5 so for us it was not a hindrance at all.

The view from our balcony was great, could see the pool and the beach. Got some great sunset pics from up there. The pull-out couch wasn't the worst I've ever slept on and the king size bed was fine as well. Bathrooms could have been cleaned better, but we did get fresh towels and beds made everyday where you don't at all timeshares so I'm not complaining too much.

Almost all of the staff we dealt with were very friendly. Bartenders, front desk, concierge, bell desk and security. Only at check-in did we deal with someone w/an awful personality but we were still polite anyway and were done with her after a few minutes.

The resort was not at full capacity so we were able to easily get a palapa every day, and the beach attendants were around to help right away. Didn't really sit by the pool but there were always empty chairs. Ate at the Islander twice and it was fine, but we chose to venture off for other meals.

The convenience store is a rip off but that is to be expected. Was able to easlity make all the dinner reservations we wanted with assistance from the conciere/activities desk. I can't really think of anything to complain about. The weather was beautiful, I was in Aruba with great friends and really that's all that mattered.

I think those who are on the fence about La Cabana should just try it out, as long as you have realistic expecations that its not a Four Seasons you won't be disappointed!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 9, 2010

The property was still undergoing renovation. We stayed in renovated room facing the pool. There is a Cinnabon/ice cream shop inside the lobby along with a gift shop and mini grocery store. Our only dining was take out lunch from the restaurant. Happy hour and entertainment in late afternoon was the highlight of the day. The beach is very nice and beach attendants control the chair access along with a beach bar with it's own happy hour in early afternoon. You can book tours near the pool and watersports as well on beach. You'll need to bring dishsoap, sponge, paper towels, napkins or buy from on site store or grocery store by bus/taxi. The high rise area is bustling. Many places to eat and all walkable unlike where LaCabana is located. Area is quite built up from 5 years ago. Our primary complaint was the thin walls and doors between the units. We could literally hear pans clank when pulled out to cook, the stools movement on the tile floors and worse of all ill behaved and screaming children. This is why I recommend for families. There also is little nightlife at the resort other than a special show and dinner and outside buffet.

Reviewed April 29, 2010

Do yourself a favor, and do not stay here. It is not worth the aggravation. We are 20 year timeshare owners and have never seen a resort so mismanaged. They are undergoing major renovations. The manager lied to us and told us our room was not near the construction. When we checked it out, the room was right across from major demolition and gutting - jackhammers, drilling, etc.. She graciously moved our room to the middle of the hallway which was bearable. The room itself however was filthy - mold in the bathroom and generally very old appliances and furnishings. The walls are paper thin. After 2 days, the construction kept creeping closer and getting loud again. Then the real kicker, a notice on the door that WATER & ELECTRIC WILL BE SHUT OFF FOR THE ENTIRE DAY. We asked to be moved as well as other guests and all were denied stating there was no where to go. They made no attempt to accommodate anyone. THEY ARE CLUELESS ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE. The entire management team should be fired for renting rooms and offering them for exchange during this construction phase. We finally had enough and checked into the Divi Phoenix for two night, which is an outstanding place. I highly recommend the Divi Phoenix.

3  Thank udabomdad
Reviewed April 25, 2010

My husband and I have just returned from our first trip to Aruba! We had a great time! We stayed at LaCabana in one of the remodeled one bedroom garden view rooms. Very clean and comfy. The kitchen area was small. Not much storage. It was very quiet, especially not being on the pool side of the resort. The resort was very family oriented. Everyone was friendly and happy to assist us with tours and opinions of where to eat. The pool was area was large with plenty of chairs. There was a bar and live music some nights. The resort is in the low rise section where it is less busy. If you like losts of shopping, people, music, etc.. stay in the high rise section.

1  Thank strickler1213
Reviewed April 13, 2010

We stayed for a week and absolutely loved our time there. Check in and check out was a breeze. The resort also has a great restaurant for breakfast and lunch, another tapas place for dinner. They have a small convenience center, and a couple gift shops. You really could go there and not need to leave, but we just had to tour the island.
The ladies at guest services helped us with a rental car company that came and picked us up and delivered us to our jeep. We spent the day touring the island. I very much advise you do that. Then the ladies gave us advice on a nice restaurant with delicious sea food. Aruba has many nice restaurants. From La Cabana you can comfortably walk to only a few though, but cabs are right outside waiting for you, or a rental car.
We were able to attend the Carnival costume show the resort has every Wednesday.. It was a delicious buffet and a wonderful show of costumes and dancing!!!
Eagle beach which is directly in front of the resort is beautiful and La Cabana provided us with a lovely palm umbrella hut to relax under and feel the trade winds blow all day...Ah Aruba.

Reviewed April 5, 2010

Just returned from La Cabana this past Friday (4/2/10). Been travelling to Aruba since 1986 and I have to say we enjoryed ourselves very much. I was always concerned that the place was too big but that's just not the case. We own at Casa Del Mar and Aruba Beach Club and never felt overwhelmed. We were four and had a one bedroom for four. The room is smaller than we were used to at CDM but we were really only in the room to sleep and have breakfast and quick lunch and an occasional dinner. Kitchen is smaller than we were used to as well. Both CDM and ABC have an oven but La Cabana has only the stove top and a microwave. CDM has formal dining room but not La Cabana. Construction is a non-issue in my view. Our room was not yet renovated so it was tired but it was very clean. Ocean view is kind of a joke if you are in the back but it passes. Enough with the negatives.

The Beach is fantastic and that's what we go for. Totally a 10. Always calm and beautiful . Beats the high rise hands down. Plenty of huts and they are spread out so you never feel someone is on top of you. Crossing the street is a non-event. If you are at the Marriott, you have a longer walk to the beach than La Cabana. Attentive staff, nice pool, etc. Nice gym too. Locals pay to belong to the gym but that helps make sure the hotel keeps the equipment working. Tennis was a disappointment -- nice courts but apparently they belong to The Aruban, which went bankrupt, so there is no electricity and the tennis pro said he has not been paid for weeks. Couldn't find any guests to play and the locals taking lessons were there for lessons -- not playing with others. Oh well. Staff at La Cabana was very nice and worked to please. They actually were on the beach going chair to chair to get together enough for a volley ball game. I didn't play but appreciated their effort. Nice Carvel and Cinnabon on premises. Same with Sbarro's.

The Aruban is out the back of La Cabana and guests at the Aruban must use different colored beach chairs than guests at La Cabana. They cannot use La Cabana pool or other facilities.

A great week. Went to Blossom's at the Westin, Matthew's (at Casa Del Mar) on Tuesday for ribs, Marina Pirata by the Balashi beer plant for seafood and steak, Pizza Hut and all were very good. Spent a day at De Palm Island, Food was not too good but passable. Beach and activities were a lot of fun.

Would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino
Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino
#21 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#19 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#9 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
0 mi away
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
#5 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to La Cabana Beach Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!