My mom, sister, friend and myself just returned yesterday from La Cabana. Great beach! Excellent security! Great front desk and ladies who give island information.
They need better food!!! They need pool service and better beach service because It's really hot.
They should get rid of one or two of those ugly boulders in the pool and make a swim up bar. Once again, because it's really hot. That part was really lacking to me.
I would have liked some type of music being played by the pool during the day. Some of the live music during happy hour was good.and some not so much. The karaoke list was funny. They need at least one printer for the computers.
The fountain in the lobby had the same debris in it the entire week.
The renovated unit was good but housekeeping was underwhelming. One day they cleaned and after that they fell off. Rumbled beds and missing towels, etc. All I can say is that I've seen better housekeeping.
La Cabana is almost a great resort. It's a good size with a wonderful beach, new rooms and grills. If they step up the service like the food and drinks especially in the pool and beach areas and put more thought into the quality of the entertainment and have constantly good housekeeping, they would be top rated in my opinion.
We all had a really good time in Aruba. There was live music in different places. Plenty of good restaurants and clubs and casinos. A trip to Baby beach was a nice way to spend the day but prepare to rent loungers and sun screens and I suggest to bring your food and drinks and scuba equipment.
We rented a car for the week and drove all over. The license plates on rental cars start with the letter V and we noticed that everywhere we went people would look at our license plate and as soon as someone driving saw the V on the plate many people would angrily beep the horn and speed past. If I was driving badly I could almost expect that but that wasn't the case and it put me somewhat off of the people in Aruba
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full service, mixed use 449 room hotel/vacation ownership casino resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your La Cabana Beach Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Cabana Beach And Racquet Club
- La Cabana Beach & Racquet Club Hotel Oranjestad
- La Cabana Beach Resort & Casino Aruba/Palm - Eagle Beach