Enjoyed our stay at La Cabana. It is right across the street from Eagle Beach so you can go back and forth all day to the beach and pool. That was a saving grace with kids, they like to move back and forth and truthfully I do too, youre not locked into an entire day at the beach or pool. Chairs are provided, but get there early because the tables with umbrellas go quickly and you will need shade at some point. The waves can get pretty intense, you will lose sunglasses, my husband did, twice. There is a little beach hut that sells drinks right on the beach. The only annoying thing was the women that stood out front of the entrace to the beach selling timeshares for DIvi and trying to get you to buy and get hair braided and such. I grew tired of that and would walk around to avoid her. She wears a big hat you cant miss her! Our room was clean and had a king bed and a pull out couch. We faced the Amsterdam Hotel and had a view of ocean which was nice. The food at the restaurant is decent, we ate lunch there several times. They have buy one get one free happy hour and bingo everyday at four which is fun. They also have life sized checkers and chess and they have various childrens activities throughout the day. The gym was decent with a few good treadmills, but could use some updating. Again get there early by 7 or go after 9 or you will have to wait, treadmills are the most popular. We cooked our dinner and brought it down by the pool some nights. There are a few grocery stores close buy and they sell liqueor also. Lots of good restauerants around, we had a car which was nice as it allowed us to see the whole island.The Hilton and the Hyatt probably have the best gambeling if you like that, the casino in La Cabana is smaller. The only draw back is the walls between rooms are not sound proof. We could hear people at 2 am dragging chairs around and partying. Our daughter cried one night for probably 5 minutes, and the people next store called security, by the time security arrived she was sleeping. So although lots of kids there and it is a family resort, they do not apparently tolerate crying children, so keep that in mind when planning youre stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full service, mixed use 449 room hotel/vacation ownership casino resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your La Cabana Beach Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Cabana Beach And Racquet Club
- La Cabana Beach & Racquet Club Hotel Oranjestad
- La Cabana Beach Resort & Casino Aruba/Palm - Eagle Beach